Highlighted
DebonairMonk
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

LS650 ARC Connection

Dear Bose Community,

I have recently bought a Bose LS650 and Sony Bravia (KD-65X9000F) television. I have used the HDMI cable provided by Bose to connect to the television's ARC port. Unfortunately, i am unable to hear the audio from ARC when i watch programmes on TV and the input selection in the Bose is set to TV. I tried the various trouble shooting steps but in vain. Do i need to change the HDMI cable? Please advise.

1 REPLY 1

Re: LS650 ARC Connection

Hi, DebonairMonk.

Welcome to the community, and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty receiving audio using HDMI-ARC. It's unlikely to be the cable, but we can't rule it out. If you have access to another omnidirectional HDMI cable, it's worth a shot swapping it out. However, there are some other things worth checking too:

• Check your TV's settings menu for an option called "Bravia Sync" which is usually in HOME>Settings>External inputs>BRAVIA Sync settings>BRAVIA Sync control. Make sure that this is enabled. 

• If you can not find this option, check for "Control for HDMI". If it isn't already enabled, enable it. It can usually be found in Home>Setup>HDMI.

• Look at your TV's Sound settings menu, to see if you have an option called "Audio Out", or "Speakers" and set it to HDMI, or Receiver.

Please let me know how you get on.

Best regards, 

Patrick A - Community Support