jburgess56
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2017

LS650 wireless bass unit keeps turning itself off.

I just bought the new LS 650 system and I am having problems with the wireless base unit turning itself off.I have 3 weeks to take it back. Does anyone have any ideas of what to try. The LS650 really sounds fantastic when everything works. I replaced a LS 35 system that I have had for 15 years with nary a problem......

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: LS650 wireless bass unit keeps turning itself off.

We are very happy to help. Based on your description of the issue, the first things we'll want to look for are sources of wireless interference. There are a couple of ways to approach this:

1. We can relocate the bass module to another part of the room. Bass frequencies aren't directional, so this won't impact the sound quality. 

2. We can relocate other devices that use wireless technology within three feet of the bass module. 

3. We can unplug wireless devices in a trial and error approach one at a time until the source of the interference has been determined. 

Let us know if the issue persists and we'll be happy to look at it further. 

Highlighted
jburgess56
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2017

There is nothing else wireless near the bass unit. So not sure what else to try. The store where I bought it said that Bose is going to have a software update to fix that by January 15. I guess i will wait on that and if it doesnt work then take it back and try something else.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

There is a software update released today. We are going to contact you directly to learn more about your system and purchase. 

Highlighted
Mjfrongi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Had the same problem but a software update came out today and it seems to be working fine now. Also, remote was working randomly but today's software update seems to have taken care of that as well.