Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

Layer3TV remote Compatability

Has anyone had luck getting a Layer3TV remote programmed to the Bose Remote for the Lifestyle systems?

I can't find it, and it doesn't seem to program correctly.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Layer3TV remote Compatability

Hi sailnavy, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. Curiously, which Lifestyle system do you have? If you are unsure, the site HERE can help you identify it. Please let us know so we can see if there are any steps we can provide to help.

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

I have a LifeStyle V25 and Lifestyle 135. I've attached photos of the remote and the model information inside the battery area. It doesn't appear that I custom build a remote profile for the head units. I would VERY much like to be back to one remote... the BOSE remote...  Thanks for any help!

Layer3TV RemoteLayer3TV RemoteModel InformationModel Information

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello sailnavy,

Thank you for the response back. From what I understand are you asking if we have a code for the Layer3TV remote to control the Bose consoles? This would be best answered by Layer3TV, we have remote codes for controlling other devices with your Bose remote that came with the Bose consoles. Layer3TV support can be found HERE.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

So, the position of Bose is that Layer3TV should know if the Bose system supports the codes their remote uses? I've never had a universal remote company say that the individual companies would be able to tell me if the universal remote could mimick a Sony, or Samsung remote. I guess I'll see what happens. Bose provides the codes for all the other remotes. It would seem that Bose should be adding remotes to the Bose system as they come out.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi sailnavy,

Sorry for the confusion, WE thought you were trying to get the Layer3 remote to operate the Bose system. If you have already gone through the programming manually, I would suggest to check your console version and see if there is an update available.

For the V25 and 135 console instructions on how to update to current software can be found HERE. You would want to perform this step 1 time for each system. Do not use the same software for both systems.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

That was my first step. I already updated the Bose software to the latest version on both machines.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi sailnavy,

Thank you for the response about the updates, it sounds like there's not a compatible code in the systems at this time. I can certainly pass the feedback onto development to look into implementing the Layer3 TV remote codes. If there is any updates we will let you know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

I heard back from Layer3TV. The brand of the box is Arris and model # is ND7506. Hopefully this helps with the development ticket.

Thanks,

Jason

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Jason,

Thank you for that information. Just our of curiosity, have you tried any of the Arris codes? I know there will be a few under that manufacturer, but if you are able to test for us, that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support