Nov 30, 2017

Life Style 30 - Remote Control Model RC-25

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Re: Life Style 30 - Remote Control Model RC-25

I am a proud owner of my museum piece Life Style 30. Still working perfectly after some 20 yrs or so.

The only problem is the remote control RC-25 is not functioning properly. Can anyone tell me where I can get an replament? used or new.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Life Style 30 - Remote Control Model RC-25

Hi Leslie Lok, 

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. Can you elaborate a little further on what is happening with the remote? There's a chance we may be able to resolve this with troubleshooting. Curiously, is the remote only working at a close range or is it not working at all? Can you try to re-associate the remote with the system? Here are the steps:

1. Turn the Lifestyle system off
  2. Hold the remote near the music center
  3. Lift the front panel cover on the music center
  4. Press and hold the Store button on the music center. "Program" will begin to blink on the display with "HC" followed by four squares appearing below it
  5. While continuing to press the Store button, press any button on the remote
  6. "Program" will stop blinking and the position of the squares in the display will change to match the position of the first four switches on the back of the remote
  7. Release the Store button

Also, can you try to straighten the media center audio input cable? The audio input cable serves as the antenna for the Lifestyle remote. If it is wrapped, coiled or bunched up, extend the cord as much as possible. Does the cable look to be in good condition? Have you tried new batteries? If you haven't already, can you try to unplug the power cable to the media center for 30 seconds and re-test? 

Do you think this could be caused by interference? The system uses the audio input cable between the music center and bass module as an antenna to receive the signals from the remote. It may be picking up interference from devices that are connected to the same power circuit, or from devices that are within a few feet of the audio input cable. To eliminate sources of interference, follow these steps:

1. Determine which of the following devices are either within three feet of the audio input cable, or are connected to the same power circuit as the system:
    1. charger for a cell phone, laptop or tablet (whether the device is connected for charging or not)
    2. television
    3. cable or satellite box
    4. dimmer switch
    5. blinking seasonal lights
    6. fluorescent/energy-saving lights
    7. microwave or other appliance
  2. Unplug any devices that are on the same power circuit, or that are near the audio input cable to eliminate them as possible sources of interference
  3. For devices that cannot be unplugged, connect the Bose power cord to a different outlet; one that is not connected to the same circuit as the devices listed
  4. Once the source (or sources) of interference have been identified, it may be possible for the Bose system to be connected to the same power circuit, though the audio input cable would need to be kept at least three feet away from the other devices and their power cords

Note: The devices listed above can emit varying levels of interference and should in no way be inferred that these device are incompatible with the product. Makes and models of a particular device may present more of an issue than others of the same device type, while others can present no issue at all 

If these steps fail, please reach out to your local service group. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us" to get their phone number. 

Kind Regards