Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Re: Life Style 650 red light

Hi,

There is a huge Bose location in Istanbul, called Modern Elektronik

Regards,Cosan

Hi Ayan,

Thank you for the details. I will let you know if any other information is needed.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Ayan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2017

Unfortunately Bose service center could not fix the problem in 3 months and I took the non-operational system back.

Stuck with a very expensive non-operational system.  This is simply unacceptable.

I will explain what happened through the web as much as I can, so that people will not fall into the same trap that I am experiencing.

I have all the supporting documents, serial numbers etc as well.

Hi Cosan,

This is truly an unacceptable solution for you. Please stand by, I will be contacting you directly about this shortly. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Therm
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

I have the same problem as you

Hello @Therm,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Can you provide me a few details?

• Which system do you currently own? Lifestyle 600 or 650?
  • What troubleshooting have you performed?
  • What country are you located in?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Therm
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

My system is 650

I live in bangkok thailand and I took my 650 to Bose service center on 05 mar and no respond from them l don’t know why , I never found the bad service like this before so Bose should do something to solve this problem 

Hi Therm,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about this.

Have you attempted contacting service in Thailand since March?  Can you try calling them and seeing what the status is of service?

Thanks,

Brandon - Community Support

Colonel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

I had this very same issue.  A solid red light would be on the Bose Lifestyle 650 console from time to time when I would sit down to watch TV.  The system was still functional, but I would unplug it to get rid of the red light and it would go away again for a time.  I read through much documentation and there was very little if anything concerning this other than people saying "your system is toast, take it back to Bose service".  I opted to read the documentation and forums and troubleshoot myself before calling or taking the system in.  I am writing this in the hopes that it could help someone else who is having the same issue.  I found a very small reference to updating that stated in effect that you could not use the soundlink phone app to see status of or perform updates, that the Bose remote that came with the system had to be used.  (I use a harmony remote and not the Bose remote for daily use)   I turned everything off, and then turned the TV back on, and then powered the Lifestyle on using the Bose remote, and viola!  the TV showed the system update that was trying to take place!  I allowed it to run while watching the progress bar.  It took nearly 40 minutes to complete, and the system actually shut off and back on a couple of times (so patience is important)  Once this completed, I turned the system back on, and the solid red light is now gone and the system is back to 100% normal operation.  I believe that the documentation could be a bit more detailed in this particular meaning of the red light and how specifically to get the system back to normal function.  In my case, it probably was my unplugging the system not knowing that there was a pending update to be applied, and the fact that I was using a harmony remote, not the Bose system remote.  The next time I see the light, I will know to use the Bose remote to see what is going on.  Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Hello Colonel, 

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. You are correct that the Logitech Harmony remotes are not configured to access the Lifestyle 650 setup (along with a few other menu items), which is what you need to complete an update or force a stalled update. Hopefully your insights prove valuable for others! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support