TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Re: Life Style 650

Hi BigE

I have the 65KS800 and the anytime box on mines has 4 HDMI ports with an optical connection on the end. It may differ from yours though.

But it doesn`t matter to me anyway as the 650 doesn`t play any sound through it and my ARC has disappeared after all of ONE day. Just been reading through some of the Soundtouch 30 thread and there are loads like us. Brilliant sound while it worked but will be getting returned on Monday. You`d think that when purchasing this system, the first thing the sales team would ask is what TV do you have. It`s an obvious fault and has put me off buying Bose again (1st and last). I have 2 Soundtouch 100s coming tomorrow but they will get refused at the door. I won`t accept them.

Hope you get sorted.

TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

@bigE wrote:

Any more suggestions on how to get audio for TV audio to Bose 650

If you unplug the ARC HDMI cable, the  650 and the TV from the power at the wall and then reconnect, there should be a fresh handshake. How long it`ll work is anybodys guess

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

We'd like to help with getting both of you up and running. BigE, we are showing an optical connection on the back of your TV in the manual and it is listed on the specs page for that model HERE. Can we double check the optical connection as shown in the manual?

If you are having difficulties with that, We encourage you to contact your local Bose support HERE when you are home with the Bose system and we can walk you through those connections. 

TheFifeFlyer, if you are getting no audio output through optical with the TV Speakers set to External Speakers, we would also recommend getting in touch with local support for further troubleshooting. 

TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Thanks Ryan but it`s back to the shop with it tomorrow and going the Denon route.

TheGirlInBlue
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 16, 2016

For a company that says you compromised on nothing, you definitely didn't tell that to your software team. I have called support many times and they just give me the same message. Which is reset, unplug, set it up again.

For a $7000 system we shouldn't have to do this every second day.

Get it sorted out as it's really not good enough and sad that Bose has fallen so far.
Rcaligiuri777
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Find the hdmi arc port on the back of your tv and plug it into that port. It will work without issue except sometimes you may need to switch your source on the Bose remote to tv and then back to the cable box when you are done. Bose says this is not their recommendation but I have found no other way to make the tv apps play sound unless you do this.  Owe said just hook up the optical cable to the Lifestyle unit and make sure tv is set to use the optical cable for sound but mine doesn't seem to work when I do that.

Move the hdmi cable at the tv to hdmi arc and you will be fine. If your tv does not have hdmi arc then you will need to get an optical cable to make it work. Seems you cannot override the arc connection if your tv is equipped with it.

Rcaligiuri777
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

I back read the thread and it's funny but I just had that conversation with a Bose tech and I also called Samsung about my model which is the same as yours a few days ago. Bose said it's easy just use an optical and set your tv to use optical output in the menu and it's that easy. Well it does not work. The Samsung tv will even show a volume meter that's shows there is sound coming out of the optical port and the red light is on meaning it's working but the problem rests with the Lifestyle unit. It does not see or read the optical signal. I called samsung after what Bose said to do.  Samsang straight out said it not an issue with them. I had done this before as this is not my first time hooking up audio components. I used the optical port with this tv to drive my Yamaha receiver and my Acoustimass 10 setup so I know it works and how to set it up. The issues lies with the Lifestyle unit not Samsung. Use your arc connection and it will work fine. It's the third one up from the bottom on the back of the tv I believe. I feel your frustration and hope this helps. 

My system is hooked up this way and I have no issues. 

Nelson
Participant
Registered since

Mar 15, 2017

Have you plugged it in to the arc port on the box that goes in to the TV and also is arc turned on your Samsung tv, I have Samsung and all works OK.
BigE
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Thanks for your suggestion
But have done all that and still doesn't work so annoying as it's the only thing I can't get to work and unable to watch things like Netflix through the TVs
Anymore suggestion would be greatly appreciated
Joserbaeza
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

If you spent that much money on a system you should at least have a decent tv. The cheapest tv now days has a optical output. Honestly Using a smart tv to output audio is not a good idea. If I was you I would get an Xbox and use it as a 4k player and or blue ray. Time to upgrade!