Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Life Style V35 Set up "flashing red light"

Finally got rid of chain to our late TV subscribers!  Only to get, hopefully not into a whole new set of problems.  Streaming with Roku Ultra, then the problems started with the V35 console.  The Set up button on the front of the console started flashing and the "System Information" page is showing.  Talked with Roku, they say its not them.  Spoke with Bose rep.  He ran me through a slue of checks and  finally said that there is something wrong with the console and $150.00 bucks is what it is going to take to fix it.  Why is it that things always happen like this.  Any takers on this one??  I haven't done a system reset or checked for upgrades since I've had the unit.  But what I know...

Console Software version:  DEF.01.09.06.r11641

LPM Firmware Version:  01.09.06-E

My wife needs her TV...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bkhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Re: Life Style V35 Set up "flashing red light"

Author Accepted Answer selected by bkhenry

Hector_B, 

I can't thank you enough for the tip on the factory reset.  Complete!  Remote and all!  All is good for at least now.  If something should happen, then I'll know that there was something wrong internally that a factory reset could not fix.  Watching "Den of Thieves."  Awesome!! Love that crack of firepower!! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hector_B

Hey bkhenry, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I'm sorry to read that you are having an issue with your Lifestyle V35, I'd love to assist with looking into what is causing this red LED.

I'd recommend that we start by performing a reset on the system by following the steps listed here, as well as following the setup guide again here

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bkhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Hector_B, 

Thank you for the response.  I will give this a try ASAP, work has me down this week.  But I will definitely do as you requested, nothing worse can happen.  Q:  If I unplug everything from the base unit (components), then complete the system reset and the rest I will assume it is going to be the surround sound setup.  If I install for the lack of a better word (Roku Ultra unit)  what position on the lineup will it take?  HDMI 1, or HDMI 3 as before?  only because I had a blue ray player installed that took the HDMI 2 position.  There must be some kind of reason as to why the Bose base unit attaches it to HDMI 3.  As I can't get the base unit to attach my XBOX 1 even when it is there as an option in the setup.  Odd...  Stand by... 

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

To answer your question, the position of the products is a personal preference. However, to avoid reprogramming in your case, I would recommend plugging them into the same HDMI you unplugged them from. 

Let us know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bkhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by bkhenry

Hector_B, 

I can't thank you enough for the tip on the factory reset.  Complete!  Remote and all!  All is good for at least now.  If something should happen, then I'll know that there was something wrong internally that a factory reset could not fix.  Watching "Den of Thieves."  Awesome!! Love that crack of firepower!! 

View solution in original post