Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H12Mike
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

LifeStyle 28 adaptiq alternative

I have owned my Lifestyle 28 since 2003.  In 2015 it was sent to Bose for repair and Bose replaced the original Accoustimass with a replacement (3 port model).  This module required a Bose supplied adapter to be used with the existing media center which Bose notified me that I could no longer use the Adaptiq function because of the replacement Accoustimass module.  My problem is that 5 years later the flooring, furniture and speaker placement has been changed in that room so I need to run the Adaptiq function again but I am unable to.  What manual methods (meters and procedures?) are available to me where I can make the necessary corrections to the speakers and bass module to replicate what the adaptiq would do.

1 REPLY 1
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: LifeStyle 28 adaptiq alternative

@H12Mike wrote:

I have owned my Lifestyle 28 since 2003.  In 2015 it was sent to Bose for repair and Bose replaced the original Accoustimass with a replacement (3 port model).  This module required a Bose supplied adapter to be used with the existing media center which Bose notified me that I could no longer use the Adaptiq function because of the replacement Accoustimass module.  My problem is that 5 years later the flooring, furniture and speaker placement has been changed in that room so I need to run the Adaptiq function again but I am unable to.  What manual methods (meters and procedures?) are available to me where I can make the necessary corrections to the speakers and bass module to replicate what the adaptiq would do.

Unfortunately you didn't deal with the incorrect Acoustimass module replacement at the time. Contact Bose directly, plead your case. The folks at Bose can be pretty accommodating.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.