Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2018

LifeStyle 48 with Sa3 Amplifier Volume Control.

Hi

I have a  Lifestyle 48 with an SA3 amplifier set up as Room B. The volume control is not very smooth. Very difficult to find a happy level, either jumps too high or too low when volume is pressed on PMCII remote control. Is there a software update for the SA3? The LS-48 is up to date.

Thanks

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: LifeStyle 48 with Sa3 Amplifier Volume Control.

Hello brianC1

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!  There wouldn't be an update for the SA-3 as it gets it's information from the media center.  

Would you be able to bring the PMCII into the room where the media center is located.  From this location, when changing volumes, if you check the display, does it move up gradually or sporadically?  I'm wondering if the volume buttons on the PMCII have worn down a bit and causing prolonged button presses.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2018

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried multiple PMC2s. As it is room b and stream 2 that is playing the volume level will not be displayed on the media centre. The course volume changes also happen with an external controller over RS232.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi brianC1,

Thank you for testing that for us.

Is the main room remote experiencing the same issue? If so, this could be a console issue. Can you try programming the PMCII as the main room remote and see if the problem occurs as well?

If it works fine, this may be an issue with the Bose Link cable going from the console to the amp.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel