afshin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

LifeStyle 650 Bass Module - no sound after following update

Hi,

After recent update the Bass has no sound. the LED at the back turns from Amber to White then Red and repeats the same cycle.

I've tried the 3.5mm cable with no luck (no sound).

The console can see the Bass module (and shows software version 1.09.15 for the Acoustimass Module)

any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Afshin

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: LifeStyle 650 Bass Module - no sound after following update

Hi Afshin,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with the Bass Module for your Lifestyle 650 but would love to help.

A flashing red LED on the Bass Module's status indicator typically indicates a firmware error. Was the 3.5mm cable connected to the Bass Module during the firmware update? If the update was performed while the bass module was connected to the console using a 3.5mm cable, the bass module will not be updated, which could result in the error that you're currently receiving. 

With the 3.5mm cable disconnected, I recommend firstly performing a product reset. This can be done by disconnecting all components for your Lifestyle 650 system, including the Bass Module, from power for 60 seconds. Then, reconnect back and test for results.

Should the issue persist, perform the system update again via our alternative method using a USB drive. Further information for this can be found HERE, but I have included the process below. This requires a USB thumb drive. Please also ensure that this process is being completed with the 3.5mm cable disconnected.

1. Click HERE to download the update file
  2. At the prompt, click SAVE. Save the Update.avu file to your desktop (do not rename the file). If you do not see the prompt, the file may have downloaded automatically. Look for the Update.avu file in the footer or header of your browser’s window, or in your Downloads folder.
  3. Copy the update file onto an empty USB drive.
    1. Insert a USB drive into a USB port on your computer
    2. Copy or drag and drop the Update.avu file onto the USB drive
    3. Eject the USB drive from the USB port
  4. On the remote, press "SETUP". This brings up the UNIFY menu
  5. Select "Software Update" from the UNIFY menu.
  6. Insert USB drive into the "SERVICE" jack on the rear of the console.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

Highlighted
afshin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for your reply.

The Bass module was connected to the system using Wireless connection. I tried the 3.5mm cable just to make sure it would work (which did not).

I followed your suggession and tried 60 second reset process. disconnected everything (console and BASS) from power, waited cople of minutes and turened on again, unfortunately still no sound from the BASS module. and the LED turning from Amber -> White -> Red repeatedly.

Also tried the USB update as you suggested (while the BASS was connected wireless), finds the update, and proceeds the update (the progress bar goes to the end) and shuts the system down after. turning on the unit still no sound from the BASS module and the LED still having same pattern (Amber -> White -> Red) repeatedly.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

This unit was purchased less than 6 months ago.

Kind Regards,

Afshin

Hi Afshin,

Thank you for your reply!

At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support