Highlighted
rpraymond
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2018

Lifestyle 28 DVD plays B & W

I have a Lifestyle 28 system (not sure of the serial # if someone could tell me how to display it). It started playing DVDs in B & W. I've read where it's usually a loose connection which I've checked. No one has changed any settings and I called Bose and they said they don't work on those any longer. I live in central NY and don't even know where to take it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Lifestyle 28 DVD plays B & W

Hello Rpraymond, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Lifestyle 28, 

As you said, we do not service the Lifestyle 28 anymore as it is 15 years old now and there are newer versions of the Lifestyle system that have replaced the Lifestyle 28. 
You can take the device to a 3rd party repair store and see if they can fix the issue or visit a local Bose store and see if they have any recommendations. 

Hope this helps, If you have any other questions please do get back in touch. 

Kind regards 
Liam G - Community Support

rpraymond
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2018

There used to be a Bose store in the Waterloo Outlets Mall, which is where I bought it but unfortunately that's gone. It is a bit disheartening that Bose no longer services their older systems. They're not cheap as we all know. I buy Bose exclusively because of the quality of sound.

I don't know where to take it and buying an entire system for one problem is pointless.

Sad

Hi rpraymond,

As the system is quite old, we may no longer have the parts to service the system. We can only apologise and hope that you understand. I would recommend contacting your local Bose support centre. They can explain what the next best steps would be for you.

I do apologise. We do try to support our products for as long as possible and will work with you to find the next best steps.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support

rpraymond
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2018

I would if there was a store close by. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might check? Am I correct in the belief that it's usually a connection problem? And if so what's the best way to check or remedy the situation?

Thanks 

rpraymond
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2018

A freind stopped by and found that the yellow cable from the Lifestyle unit to the TV is causing the problem. At first while playing a DVD the picture was in color but a bit "fuzzy". He unplugged it again and now when switching from Dish to DVD (component) the component icon is there but choosing it causes the icon to fade and disappear leaving no picture. I want to replace the cable and I notice it's unique. Does anyone know if this available from Bose and if so how do I ordder one?

Thanks 

Hi Rpraymond, 

Thanks for providing us with the update. I'm pleased you have managed to find the cause of the issue.

As you have mentioned it appears to be a yellow cable which is causing the issue, I can confirm we still have 6ft yellow video cables in stock for the lifestyle 28. If you contact our local Customer Support Team, they should be able to assist your with this.

If you select this link - Contact Us, you can select your region. Scroll to the bottom and select contact us which will provide you with their contact number.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

rpraymond
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2018

I ordered the cable yesterday, hopefully it's the same and cures the problem.

Thanks for the help.

You are more than welcome Rpraymond.

Have a great day.

Leon_C