Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heraser
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Lifestyle 28 Frozen.

My Lifestyle 28 media turns on, spins the cd player and then only reads Lifestyle System on the display (frozen there). I have turned off/unplugged cables but each time it freezes at that display. The remote (new batteries) will not control the Bose. Any ideas or is there a service center?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Lifestyle 28 Frozen.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Heraser

Hello Heraser, 

Thank you for performing the reset and I am sorry that it was not successful. 

At this point, I would have to recommend that you contact your local customer service to discuss service options. You can do this by Selecting your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Vicky_W

Hello Heraser, 

Thank you for reaching out today. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Lifestyle 28 system and I would love to help you with this. 

To start with can I please ask what the LED lights on the system are doing when this happens on the system? 

After confriming this, please can you try a system reset for me, this must be done in the order shown below: 

1. Turn the system off. Wait 30 seconds.
  2. Unplug the media center power cord from the power outlet.
  3. Unplug the audio input cable from the media center.
  4. Turn the Acoustimass module off.
  5. Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet.
  6. Unplug the audio input cable from the Acoustimass module. Wait 30 seconds.
  7. Reconnect the audio input cable to the Acoustimass module.
  8. Reconnect the audio input cable to the media center.
  9. Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord.
  10. Turn the Acoustimass module on.
  11. Reconnect the media center power cord.
  12. Wait for the words "Lifestyle System" to appear and disappear from the display before turning the system back on.
  13. Retest the system.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Heraser
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Vicky,

Thank you for responding quickly to my question. I did as you instructed.

The Media center would not turn off by pressing the on/off button. I unplugged it. Followed your directions. Turned on media center, cd player made sound for about 2 secs and Lifestyle System is on display. I am unable to control system at media center nor by remote.

Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Heraser

Hello Heraser, 

Thank you for performing the reset and I am sorry that it was not successful. 

At this point, I would have to recommend that you contact your local customer service to discuss service options. You can do this by Selecting your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

View solution in original post

peter ce
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Hi Heraser,

I have totally the same, no resets helped. Have you found any solution ? Have you done fixed? If yes, was it expensive? 

Thanks, Peter

Butner
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

We are having the same problem and nothing has worked, the console will not reset. Has anyone had success? It’s terribly frustrating.

Mark L.
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

I am experiencing similar. No audio output on any source TV/Cable/DVD/FM/AM.

I also have a BOSE Remote Center and can hear FM/TV output on my outdoor speakers.

I have performed the system reset procedure.

Charlotte_G

Hello Mark,

Thanks for joining the conversation! This is very strange that you are receiving audio through your outdoor speakers but not your Lifestyle 28 speakers. 

As we are dealing with an expansion setup, could you please detail your speaker zone 2 setup? Which outdoor speakers, amplifier/receiver, etc?

As none of your speakers are working, my suspision is that the problem either lies with one of the speaker zone connections, the cable between the media center and the bass module or the bass module itself. To test this, I will need to know what the expansion cable is connected to. If it is also a 9-pin to 9-pin cable, could you please swap this with the cable connecting the media center to the bass module? 

If at any point you are unsure of what I have suggested, please do reach back and I will glady explain further.