Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H12Mike
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Lifestyle 28 and headphones

For years I have been using SoundLink II headphones and an inexpensive BT transmitter connected to the audio out jacks or a corded connection with a jack connected to the headphone jack on my Lifestyle 28, with great results.  Well, this week I decided to upgrade the headphones to the Bose 700 headphones which required an upgrade to a BT 5.0 transmitter which uses the optical out connection from the LS28, instead of the audio out of the previous BT transmitter.  I was able to pair the devices readily but the results were not as good as using the the SoundLink headphones.  The problem is “background static” not much but just enough to be noticed and irritating.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
H12Mike
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Re: Lifestyle 28 and headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by H12Mike

I was able to resolve the issue which was that I was pairing the transmitter device with the 700’s I was across the room (18ft) from the BT transmitter.  The 700 paired but the transmitter still flashed after pairing and I could hear the audio with slight static.  Today I tried pairing within 3 feet of the transmitter (as recommended by the BT mfg) and the 700’s work perfectly and the transmitter does not flash.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_G

Hello H12Mike, 

Thanks for posting. 

Did you try pairing the NC700 headphones with your earlier transmitter? While the 700s use Bluetooth version 5.0, they are backwards compatible with previous Bluetooth version devices so the new transmitter may not have been necessary. 

Curiously, there's no reference to Optical out in our service pages or user guides for the Lifestyle 28, but the port is certainly present on the back of the Unit. By means of testing, I recommend going into your system setup, and try switching your "Record Out Format" from PCM to Original or vice-versa. 

Please let me know if this works for you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
H12Mike
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by H12Mike

I was able to resolve the issue which was that I was pairing the transmitter device with the 700’s I was across the room (18ft) from the BT transmitter.  The 700 paired but the transmitter still flashed after pairing and I could hear the audio with slight static.  Today I tried pairing within 3 feet of the transmitter (as recommended by the BT mfg) and the 700’s work perfectly and the transmitter does not flash.

View solution in original post