Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lsp100
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2020

Lifestyle 40 “No Response”

I recently moved home, 5 days ago. I have tried to set my Bose lifestyle 40 system up but keep getting “no response” on the touch pad, I have tried all the actions advised, press mute until you hear the beeps, when I do this I only ever hear one beep. I have also tried another spare touch pad I have, but I still get “no response”.  I also have no red light illuminated on the CD player which I think i normally get when the system is on...? There is power going to the CD player as I am able to eject cd cartridge. I have tried unplugging from the mains... still get “no response”. Can anyone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Lifestyle 40 “No Response”

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lsp100

Hi Lsp100,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

As the touchpad has stopped controlling the system since you have set it up in a new house, the first thing I would recommend doing is checking that all of the cables and components are set up as shown in the owner's guide HERE. If any components have been missed, plugged in incorrectly, or even just not plugged in all the way it can stop the system from working correctly so it is always worth checking this!

When you have been trying to re-pair the touchpad with the Lifestyle system by pressing and holding the mute button, the fact you are only ever hearing one beep would suggest that the touchpad is unable to communicate with the Multi-room Interface. It may be that the touchpad is too far away from this interface, or that there is something interfering with the signal, so try moving the touchpad closer to the Multi-room Interface and pairing again.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lsp100

Hi Lsp100,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

As the touchpad has stopped controlling the system since you have set it up in a new house, the first thing I would recommend doing is checking that all of the cables and components are set up as shown in the owner's guide HERE. If any components have been missed, plugged in incorrectly, or even just not plugged in all the way it can stop the system from working correctly so it is always worth checking this!

When you have been trying to re-pair the touchpad with the Lifestyle system by pressing and holding the mute button, the fact you are only ever hearing one beep would suggest that the touchpad is unable to communicate with the Multi-room Interface. It may be that the touchpad is too far away from this interface, or that there is something interfering with the signal, so try moving the touchpad closer to the Multi-room Interface and pairing again.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Lsp100
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2020

Hi Keith

I have kept trying all the actions needed, many, many times. Pressed mute button making sure touch pad is very close to interface unit. Plugged and unplugged mains. Pulled out all connectors and re-connected. None of these actions worked. I read your message, tried one more time. Hey presto it worked?!

Thank you Keith, you must be my good luck charm!

Merry Christmas 🎶

Laura

Keith_L
Community Manager

That's great to hear Laura, I'm glad you've got your Lifestyle working now! It's a bit strange that it just randomly decided to connect, but as you've got the system working we won't complain! 😉

Have a Merry Christmas as well Laura, and if there is anything we can do to help in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!