Roofus10657
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 27, 2017

Lifestyle 48 - Speaker Question

I have an old LS 48 system (first gen?). The DVD player totally crapped out recently.  It's dead, but I want to upgrade now. The issue is the cube speaker wires are all in the wall, so I'm loath to pull them and run new ones. Will these speaker wires work for any of the more modern systems?  So that all I have to do is buy a newer system without the speakers?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lifestyle 48 - Speaker Question

Hello roofus10657,

I'm sorry to hear about your Lifestyle 48. If you'd like to check with your local Bose Service Center, we may have service options available for your system. Regional contact information can be found HERE. After selecting your region, navigate to the top-right corner of the page and select 'Support'. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'.

Our current Lifestyle systems are not sold without the speaker package. If you are going to purchase a new system, you would need to get the entire package. The good news is, we do have adapter kits available for existing in-wall wiring. This means you can leave the wiring in the wall, and simply swap out the old speakers for the new ones. We'd recommend ordering the kit directly from your local Bose Technical Support Team. This way, we can ensure you receive the proper adapter kit for your new system. 

Has anyone else upgraded from an older Bose home-theater system and used one of the in-wall adapter kits?

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian