maxcxa
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

Lifestyle 5 Speakers - Upgrade Media Centre?

Hi there,

I have had the Lifestyle 5 II system for coming on 15 years now. The speakers and sub are still in brilliant condition and work perfectly. However the silver media center has stopped working now along with the remote (RC-5). The media center buttons do not work any more and the remote has recently stopped working altogether. 

I was wondering, are the two speakers and sub compatible with newer bose media centres as I would like to keep the speakers. Or if not, is there any adapter that I can buy to make it compatible?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 5 Speakers - Upgrade Media Centre?

Hi maxcxa, 

Thank you for the post. The Lifestyle 5 II is such a great system. I'm sorry to hear that it's no longer working for you. Unfortunately, the only media center that is compatible and engineered to work with your Acoustimass module is the CD-5 media center. That particular media center used the System Control connection to communicate specific data to the Acoustimass that our other systems would not be able to. There is no adapter that would work. I would recommend calling your local service group to see if they still service these. If you go to the site HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us", you should see their phone number. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards