Johnml13
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2017

Lifestyle 5 center Channel not working

I have a old lifestyle 5 system that worked great until recently. The center Channel stopped working. I realize this system is old, but besides that, it did work great. All other speakers work. I did buy the cable that connects the receiver to the sub with no luck. Any ideas? Since it did work great, I'd prefer to keep it and probably will. Question, can I fix it or get it fixed? I see receivers on eBay but unsure if its the receiver or the sub that's at fault. Any suggestions? Thanks-

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lifestyle 5 center Channel not working

Let's check the center speaker level on the system. Here are the steps to do that:

1. Press the Three Speaker Button button on the remote
  2. Press the Surround + or - button to adjust the level of the center speaker level

After that, let's test the system on multiple sources. If the issue persists, it would be best to get in touch with local service HERE

Highlighted
Johnml13
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2017

Oh yeah god. Thanks so much. That took care of the problem. When running wires down the inside of my wall, the ca[enter channel stopped working. I have to continue to hide the wires but was afraid to lose other channels. When I plugged in the 12 pin connector to the sub I accidentally bent a pin but was able to get it out (which wasn't fun). I know my system is old but it works and sounds great. Again, thanks so much for your advise - I almost bought a new receiver off eBay to rule that out. You save me some coin. Thank you thank you thank you!

We are happy to help and thrilled to hear that you are back up and running. Always let us know if you have any questions.