NonoNate
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2017

Lifestyle 5 speaker compatibility

Hi, Does anyone know what the newest system the Lifestyle 5 speakers will hook up to?  My receiver is on its way out and while I know i got my moneys worth out of it if I can just replace the unit vs the speakers that would make me happy. Thank You for your time!

3 REPLIES 3
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 5 speaker compatibility

Hi NonoNate,

We'd be happy to look into this for you. The Lifestyle 5 was one of our classic systems! We made a few different variants of the LS5 so I have some specific questions to see if I can identify which version you have. You're using a silver media center that has a flip up lid where you would put a CD, correct? Curiously, on the bottom of that unit, you should see the denomination CD-5. In addition you may see a V or a V2. Could you advise if you have the standard CD-5 or, the CD-5 V, or the CD-5 V2? Does your Acoustimass have a model number? These are typically AM5PIII, AM5PII or AM5P (model 2683). Do you cube speakers say "Bose" directly in the center or in one of the lower corners? Do you have a stripe around the cube? If you have black speakers you could have a red stripe whereas white cubes had a grey stripe. Please, let us know. 

Thank you! 

maxcxa
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

Hi there,

I'm having this exact same issue too. Did you ever find a a solution as to which new recievers would work?

I have the silver media centre with the flip up CD lid. The cube speakers (two cubes on top of each other) have Bose logo at the bottom corner and are black with a red stripe. The remote that came with the system is an RC-5 if that helps.

Thanks!

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi maxcxa, 

We have responded to your post on the thread HERE

Thank you