Kjell Arne Hermansen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Lifestyle 525 series II, not able to program my Bose remote to control Altibox HuaweiQ22 cable tuner

Hi

For my Bose Lifestyle 525II I am installing a new Altibox Cable tuner model HuaweiQ22. The remote control for this tuner is marked Altibox but produced by ruwido austria gmbh. There are no serial numbers on this remote control.

When trying to program my Bose remote controller through setup menu, the setup process stops, telling me to wait after I had pushed some of the requested buttons and never contiunes, if I push OK the Lifestyle 525II reset. 

When trying to manually enter remote control IR device codes for Altibox, none are working.

Both tuner, remotecontrol and Lifestyle system are upgraded to latest versions.

Best Regards

Kjell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 525 series II, not able to program my Bose remote to control Altibox HuaweiQ22 cabl...

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kjell Arne Hermansen

Hi Kjell,

Thank you for the post.  I'm submitting a request to have the code added to the database.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 525 series II, not able to program my Bose remote to control Altibox HuaweiQ22 cabl...

Hi Kjell,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the community!

When was the last time you updated the software on the console?  If you press the "Setup" button on the front of the Lifestyle console and go down to "Update", can you perform an update?  Once that is done, try programming the remote again.

Let us know,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Kjell Arne Hermansen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for replay. 

I have tried to do update, but the system says no update needed.  I have installed Sound Touch adapter so I assume the system is up to date. 

Best Regards 

Kjell

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @Kjell Arne Hermansen,

Thank you for the update. I did some further investigating for you on this new Altibox HuaweiQ22. This devices requires a Bluetooth remote to be controlled in which the Bose remote will not be able to perform.

You may have better experience by purchasing a 3rd party remote that will be able to control all of your devices.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Kjell Arne Hermansen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Hi Joel,

Of course bying a 3-rd party remote is an option, but I have checked and got confirmed that the Q22 uses primarily Bluetooth, but it also receive and accept IR. I can confirm this as well as when trying to learn the remote the Bose console responded when pushing the different buttons, and the remote that comes with the HuaweiQ22 was able to send IR-signals. 

For me the best solution will be that I will be able to use my Bose remote for all my products as I did before I got the new HuaweiQ22 tuner. 

Hopefully Bose will be able to implement the codes for this tuner as I assume several customers will have the same problem.

Many thanks!

Best Regards

Kjell

Highlighted
Kjell Arne Hermansen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Hi 

I will really appreciate if Bose implements the codes for the HuaweiQ22 tuner so I will be able to use my standard Bose remote control for this option too.

Many thanks!

Best Regards

Kjell

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kjell Arne Hermansen

Hi Kjell,

Thank you for the post.  I'm submitting a request to have the code added to the database.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kjell Arne Hermansen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Thank you very much Brandon!