Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Lifestyle 550 and Toshiba Blu ray

Connected Toshiba BDX2100 Blu Ray to new Lifestyle 550 system via HDMI. When I select Blu Ray as source with Bose remote the Blu Ray powers down and will not play. If I connect Blu Ray to TV, however, it works normally, and sound plays through Lifestyle system via HDMI ARC from TV. Please advise, as I would like to connect all sources to the Bose system

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Lifestyle 550 and Toshiba Blu ray

Author Accepted Answer selected by Simon S

Hi Simon S,

There's a possibility that you may need to use the IR emitters.  The Bose controller communicates wirelessly with the console using an RF/BT signal.  From here, the console has IR blasters on the front left of the console.  If the device is not in the same cabinet or has a way of receiving an IR signal from the blasters, the IR emitters will let us know if this is the case.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Simon,

Great to see that you reached out to us, we appreciate that. Let's try connecting your Blu Ray back to the LS 550 console and adjust the CEC settings to Alternate CEC. 

Can you let us know if that helps? 

Thank you again ,

Mohsin - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Afraid not - as soon as I select “Blu Ray player” as the source with the hand set, the Toshiba powers down and will not play
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Simon S,

Thanks for getting back to us.  Can you open the Toshiba Blu Ray settings and disable the CEC functionality of the player?  If this solves the issue of the Toshiba Blu Ray player powering down, you may need to go to the device settings of the Lifestyle system and re-add the device to program the remote to control it.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 28, 2018

Thank you - the Blu Ray player doesn't now power down when selected as source, but even when re-added I'm unable to control the Blu Ray player from the Bose hand set. Do I need to use the IR extender?

Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Simon S

Hi Simon S,

There's a possibility that you may need to use the IR emitters.  The Bose controller communicates wirelessly with the console using an RF/BT signal.  From here, the console has IR blasters on the front left of the console.  If the device is not in the same cabinet or has a way of receiving an IR signal from the blasters, the IR emitters will let us know if this is the case.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

View solution in original post