Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Lifestyle 600 Existing wiring problem

Hi There,

I recently purchased the Lifestyle 600 system and need to use my existing wiring for the front left and right speaker as they are wired in the walls of the living room.

When I bought the system, the salesman also gave me two of the Black box adaptors shown in the below image to use so that I could wire up the front speakers.

He also gave me a wiring diagram to know which to connect to which, but the trouble is, I think the diagram is wrong!

The diagram says:

Brown = Centre 

White = Front Left

Blue = Front Right

I think this is wrong, because in this configuration, all of the dialogue from DVDs, Blu Rays and the Sky HD box seems to come from the Front Left speaker. This is the same with or without ADAPTIQ turned on, so I think maybe the wires are just in the wrong order.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct or how I can fix it and be sure I have wired it correctly?

Thank you!

Bose Cinemate adaptor

2 REPLIES 2
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Re: Lifestyle 600 Existing wiring problem

I believe that's the cinemate wiring kit? 

Do you intend using the speakers on stands or on the wall?

I can't see any product on the Bose page for pre installed wiring?

maybe Brent will reply

good luck 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 600 Existing wiring problem

Hi Keef,

Yes it is - This was the only photo I could find on line of what I am talking about, but to clarify, I just got given the two black boxes in the photo - not the whole Cinemate kit.

I will be using the speakers on the bose wall mount fittings for the front L+R speakers, and there are existing wires in the wall to where I want the speakers to be which is why I couldn't use the out of the box wires supplied.

Hopefully someone can clarify which colours go to which connectors.