Highlighted
psulax6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Lifestyle 600 & Samsung Series 8 UN55B8000

The HDMI connection only has a blank screen.

Powering the Bose console will also power off the TV.

At best I get a blank screen when paired to the correct HDMI.

At worst the TV doesn't even recognize the HMDI port as active.

The TV does not have an ARC HDMI and I've tried the HDMI into each of the 4 TV ports.

Bose remote pair to the console.

Console light is solid amber after startup. 

Is this TV too old for the system?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lifestyle 600 & Samsung Series 8 UN55B8000

Hi psulax6,

Sorry you are having difficulty getting this to work. Hopefully I can provide some useful information to help you out.

I just want to check a few things to make sure everything is as it should be.

1. There is a HDMI cable going from 'Out to TV' on the back of the Lifestyle 600, to one of the HDMI ports on the TV. (It doesn't matter which one in this case as you have no HDMI ARC port. ARC stands for Audio Return Channel so it means we will have to use an optical cable to transfer audio from the TV to the Lifestyle 600)
  2. If you are using a cable box, plug this into the back of the Lifestyle 600, in the ports labelled 1 - 5.
  3. Once you have done this. You have to access the Unify menu on the Lifestyle 600. We can do this by pressing the 'Setup' button on the console front, or at the bottom right of the remote.
  4. We also need to change the HDMI source of the TV to the port number where the Lifestyle 600 is plugged into. This should show you the Unify menu.

If you want to listen to the audio coming from your TV, you will need to plug an optical cable from the TV to the Lifestyle 600 into the 'Optical IN' port. Preferably #1. Then you will need to finish the setup in the Unify menu under 'Advanced TV Audio Setup'. Once you have done this you should be able to hear audio from the TV through the Lifestyle 600.

Should you need further assistance on setting this up feel free to ask more questions and I will do my best to help you.

You may do better speaking to someone directly and we have chat and telephone which you can contact us on HERE.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C

psulax6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

Hello Brandon,

Thanks so much for the prompt response

Please see below, sorry I'm an engineer and can get a bit detailed.

1. There is a HDMI cable going from 'Out to TV' on the back of the Lifestyle 600, to one of the HDMI ports on the TV. (It doesn't matter which one in this case as you have no HDMI ARC port. ARC stands for Audio Return Channel so it means we will have to use an optical cable to transfer audio from the TV to the Lifestyle 600)

Yes, I tried all connecting the cable from the lifestyle console 'out to TV' to all four HDMI ports on the TV

The TV didn't recognize the port with the lifestyle 600 as being connected when I changed the input.  It recognized the cable box (Comcast) and Google Chromecast 

1. If you are using a cable box, plug this into the back of the Lifestyle 600, in the ports labelled 1 - 5.

Just to be clear Plug the HDMI from the cable box 'out to TV' into the back into the back of the Lifestyle box in one of the 5 open ports.  

1. Once you have done this. You have to access the Unify menu on the Lifestyle 600. We can do this by pressing the 'Setup' button on the console front, or at the bottom right of the remote.

If I'm correct now the cable signal will be now through the lifestyle console.

I'll give this a shot but I don't understand why TV would recognize the signal from the lifestyle no with the cable box upstream of it. 

1. We also need to change the HDMI source of the TV to the port number where the Lifestyle 600 is plugged into. This should show you the Unify menu.

Not a problem

If you want to listen to the audio coming from your TV, you will need to plug an optical cable from the TV to the Lifestyle 600 into the 'Optical IN' port. Preferably #1. Then you will need to finish the setup in the Unify menu under 'Advanced TV Audio Setup'. Once you have done this you should be able to hear audio from the TV through the Lifestyle 600.

This might be an issue as the cable box is in a remote closet and pulling the optical wire that far may be a challenge.

In summary, the HDMI cable will be used for setup while the optical cable will be used sound transfer?  I'd like to keep using the Comcast remote, does the HDMI cable need to run through the Lifestyle consol of can it just be the optical cable from the TV to the console?  This would be a much shorter run.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Right so it's seem's you have not got signal through any port. Is this your first time setting this Lifestyle 600 up? If it is I would like to get you to try and power cycle both the TV and the Lifestyle 600.

We do this by:

1. Unplugging the TV and Lifestyle 600 from the power outlet. Wait 60+ seconds.
  2. Plug these both back in.
  3. Try and get that picture from the Lifestyle 600, or at least have it show up as a device on the television.

If this doesn't work. Then next step I would like you to try is a factory reset. You can find out how to do this HERE.

To answer your question about 'In summary, the HDMI cable will be used for setup while the optical cable will be used sound transfer?  I'd like to keep using the Comcast remote, does the HDMI cable need to run through the Lifestyle console of can it just be the optical cable from the TV to the console?  This would be a much shorter run'.

• Yes the HDMI cable will need to be used for setup only. As you don't have a HDMI ARC port on your TV, we cannot use the Audio Return Channel within the HDMI cable.
  • Once we have performed the setup from the Lifestyle 600 system, we would need to use the Optical Cable from the TV to the Lifestyle, to hear audio from the TV.

It seems you are plugging all your devices directly into the TV, and controlling them there. This is fine, however the Lifestyle Console is specifically designed to allow you to switch between sources simply and control all of your devices off of one remote. But the setup you wish to achieve is possible, we just need to figure out how to get that video through the HDMI to get to the UNIFY menu.

Keep us up to date on how this goes. I look forward to working with you to figure this out.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C