Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Lifestyle 600 and Netflix

My wireless speakers, rear and sub, are cutting in and out mainly on Netflix. Iv tried rebooting console, turning sub on and of and testing the speakers and set up. No luck. Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Lifestyle 600 and Netflix

Hi Rhooky

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the drop outs, but would be happy to help!

• What device is Netflix streaming on?
  • Does the issue happen on any other sources like SoundTouch or Bluetooth?
  • Do the front speakers ever cut out?
  • Are the bass module and rear speakers both wireless or hardwired to the console?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Hi. I do believe it’s the Apple TV 2. It seems to only happen with Netflix. I haven’t tried anything else from Apple TV as yet but can do tonight. Both the rear speakers and sub are wireless. Front speakers are wired and don’t give an issue. And it does not play up using Spotify. Speakers cut in and out and kind of crackle a bit as well.
Cheers.
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Rhooky

That is very strange...  Can you try and see if the issue occurs with another streaming service like YouTube from the Apple TV?  Also if you have another streaming device like a smart TV or gaming system connected, can we see if Netflix is affected with those devices?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Haven’t tried anything else as yet. But just wondering if I can connect the Apple TV with the optical cable? Can’t find how to do it. But I’ll give it a try.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Ok. So tried using the optical cable and not sure how to do it. Do I have to run HDMI? Iv used YouTube and speakers seem to be ok with that. Just rebooted the internet and had the system find and hook up speakers again. Still cutting out.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

More tries. Iv found it plays up with iTune movies on Apple TV as well. Iv been in touch with my internet provider and they have made adjustments and put me on a wider band and better settings. After this I found that the sub wasn’t so bad but the rear speakers were still cutting in and out. I read somewhere that the power boxes and sub should not be too close to the modem? The sub is about 5 ft away but the power boxes for the rears are quite close. Would this make a difference before I rearrange the room?
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Rhooky

Thanks for the update!

I don't believe that moving the components are going to help resolve the issue just yet.  It appears it may have something to do with the Apple TV itself when trying to stream Netflix as YouTube seems to work fine.  

Have you been able to try and connect the Apple TV to a different HDMI port on the console as well?

One more thing we can try is to connect the Apple TV directly to the TV with the HDMI cable for picture.  From here, you would set up a new audio device through the Unify menu in the system, and only connect the optical cable.  I'd like to see if optical fairs any better.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Hi mate. I’ll try that tonight when I get home. The only thing is, when you set up the unify, it only has option for HDMI. So I just set up Apple TV straight to tv and hook up optical cable straight from Apple TV to console? Iv tried to find all this in the manual but nothing there.
Cheers
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Rhooky

That's right!  Connect the optical straight to the console and HDMI to the TV for video.

Definitely keep us posted!

Warm Regards,

Tony A