jaumard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Lifestyle 600 and remote control of Raspberry pi LibreElec (XBMC Kodi)

Hi 🙂

I just bought a lifestyle 600 and have some trouble to configure the Bose remote control with my media center (LibreElec on a Raspberry pi) connected with HDMI. Before it was connected to my Sony TV (kdl-47W805) and the remote control was working great with the media center. Now both remote control of Bose and Sony are not working anymore with the media center. 

What am I missing ? How can I configure this please ?

Thanks 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jaumard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 600 and remote control of Raspberry pi LibreElec (XBMC Kodi)

Author Accepted Answer selected by jaumard

Thanks ! It would be verry nice 🙂 

In the main time I just try to use a a Flirc USB IR receiver to the PI and I manage to make it work (at least for some command...).

So in lifestyle I add the PI as media center, then when the choice of the remote append, I choose any (it's important to pick one, I choose a ramdon one of SONY). Then I configure the flirc USB following this tutorial https://www.modmypi.com/blog/how-to-raspberry-pi-media-centre-with-flirc-remote-set-up

Then just connect the flirc to the PI and it's works. 

Maybe the choice of the remote is important on the lifestyle, during the flirc configuration some commands wasn't detect at all. But at least I can navigate and launch movies easily 🙂 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for your detailed description. While the Raspberry Pi is not a supported device for our Lifestyle remote, we can offer one suggestion based on what you've described. If the Sony remote was able to control it when previously connected to the TV, you could try running it to the TV again and using the TV's output to send audio to the Bose system. 

Highlighted
jaumard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Thanks for your answer ! Is there a place I can ask for the compatibility with KODI (with raspberry pi or anything else it doesn't matter in fact it's just XBMC with HDMI CEC control). As the lifestyle support CEC it's technically possible to do. 

I say that because now I change my TV with a sony projector witch is on the other wall of the room, so not possible to connect the PI to the projector easily as the projector audio output is not connected back to the lifestyle... 

Another solution I'll test is to connect an IR receptor to the PI and configure the Bose remote on it. Can work but need a full manual configuration, may take time ^^

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

We have forwarded your suggest to our product development for future consideration regarding KODI support and compatibility. 

Highlighted
jaumard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by jaumard

Thanks ! It would be verry nice 🙂 

In the main time I just try to use a a Flirc USB IR receiver to the PI and I manage to make it work (at least for some command...).

So in lifestyle I add the PI as media center, then when the choice of the remote append, I choose any (it's important to pick one, I choose a ramdon one of SONY). Then I configure the flirc USB following this tutorial https://www.modmypi.com/blog/how-to-raspberry-pi-media-centre-with-flirc-remote-set-up

Then just connect the flirc to the PI and it's works. 

Maybe the choice of the remote is important on the lifestyle, during the flirc configuration some commands wasn't detect at all. But at least I can navigate and launch movies easily 🙂 

View solution in original post