subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Lifestyle 600 remote to cotrol Samsung TV

My new lifestyle 600 remote is unable to control my Samsung TV model no. UA40C6200UM. I have tried automatic setup as well as manual, for both I get confirmation that setup done but my Bose remote won't power on/off TV. In fact during manual setup I was able to find this exact model number in Bose list but still doesn't work.

Strangely I never faced such problems while using my other Bose system LS 235 ii remote.

Also is there a way to teach the new LS 600 remote similar to what's available in previous LS systems?

11 REPLIES 11
jpl1953
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 600 remote to cotrol Samsung TV

I have the same issue with my 650 and a Sony TV (same remote). It says you have set it up but the remote still doesnt control the TV at all so its not limited to Samsung TVs

Donl
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2017

I have the same issue with my Samsung TV, Charter cable remote and Samsung Blu Ray player. The Lifestyle system has the product numbers but won't talk to the devices. Next steps?

oliverpalmer
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Same problem with LG 47LM6600TC, it finds the TV in the list but then comes up with an error saying contact Bose support. Any answers on this issue?

pcolton
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2017

I have same issue with my LG TV. Can't get it to at least turn the power on and off.

DATA POWER ELECTRICAL PTY LTD
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

I have the same issue with the latest QAQ7 series Samsung TV.

Any fix??
subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

So far haven’t been able to fix the problem. Even the latest firmware upgrade hasn’t addressed it,.

Wondering why none of the Bose engineers are giving a solution for this. This is a bare minimum that I would expect from an universal remote. Very disappointed with Bose on this.

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello all,

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We would like to verify a few things and collect as much information as possible to pass over to our development team if needed. If you are currently experiencing issues controlling a device using the Lifestyle 600/650 remote, please answer the following questions:

1. Can you control your TV or other device using the original manufacturers remote?
  2. Verify that CEC is enabled on the console and the device you are attempting to control.
  3. Remove and reconnect the HDMI cables running from the device to the Lifestyle 600/650.
  4. Reboot the Lifestyle 600/650. You can do this by turning off the console, then pressing and holding the Source and Power buttons on the console for 5 seconds until the console turns off. Press the Power button once more to turn the system back on.
  5. Is the Lifestyle 600/650 connected to a network (via WiFi or Ethernet)? Although there are some remote codes built into the system, the console utilizes an online database of remote codes. Having the system connected to a network will give you access to this online database.
  6. Have you attempted to connect the IR emitters supplied in the box to see if this issue is caused by the IR signals not reaching your device? This will help eliminate possible dead spots for IR signals from the console. Please attempt to connect the IR emitter and re-test if you have not done so already.
  7. If the above fails, what would be the exact model number of the component you are attempting to control? We would need the model numbers of the devices to escalate this further.

Let us know the answers to questions, and we can take it from there! Thanks!

DATA POWER ELECTRICAL PTY LTD
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Hello Michael_F,

1. Yes, the samsung TV remote works with other devices like panasonic blueray player.

2. Yes, both are On

3, tested with 2 different types of HDMI cable.

4. done rebooting.

5. Wifi and ethernet tested.

6. connected IR yes.

7. my TV models have tested this with are: Samsung QA55Q7FAMWXXY and QA75Q7FAMWXXY

Thanks

mcbball23
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung UN60D6400UF, Sony DVD player, Apple TV, and Cable box. It all worked 3 weeks ago and then stopped.

1. Yes I can control all devises with the manufacturer remotes.
2. CEC is on all devises, but I don't see on cable box.
3. I've removed cables from everything and unplugged everything and plug it all back in.
4. I've rebooted, reset, and even had a new unit shipped out to me and no difference.
5. WiFi ( but it used to work when I didn't even have Internet.)
6. I have not attempted to connect the IR a matters because it used to work with my Blu-ray and my Apple TV. The cable box is new.
7. TV - Samsung UN60D6400; Bluray - Sony BDPS5100; Apple TV (4th gen); Cable (Verizon FIOS) - Cisco CHS435HDC.
Thank you for your help.