Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rangie600
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Lifestyle 600 system turns itself on when I am not home, other issues

Hello,

I searched the forums for issues where the Lifestyle 600 system will turn itself on when people are not home, but couldn't find any results.  

So, I am having this random issue for the last couple months, and I am hoping to find a solution quickly, as I hear my system playing before I even open the door when getting home from work some days.  There is no regularity to this issue happening, as it occurs at all times of the day starting around 7am at the earliest and going until 9pm, and happens about 5-6 times a week.  

I bought this system from the local Bose store just over a year ago, and am worried that there is no warranty left on the system, but this is the 4th problem I have had with my system since I got it, and I am really regretting the purchase, especially because I am still paying for it.

Not nearly as urgent, but still annoying, I also have an issue where when turning the system on, it defaults to the "TV" source even after I select AppleTV or Cable on the remote screen.  The only way to get it to work is to press the "set-up" button on the remote, let the white screen load, and then selecting the source I want again.

I have also had the LED light up red many times over the past few months.

I have called in to the help line a few times already, but wanted to try this medium to see if I can get more answers, as the tech support reps seem to only recommend resets or software updates.

I don't have the sound touch app installed on any of the phones at home, and when the Bose system turns itself on, it usually selects to play the audio of the "cable" source, but it also has done this with my appleTV.  

Please let me know if there are any fixes I can try to resolve this, and thanks for your time!

-Randall

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Lifestyle 600 system turns itself on when I am not home, other issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rangie600

Hello Rangie600, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you have encountered some issues, but I am sure that we can get them resolved. 

For your first issue, with the system that is powering on by itself, sometimes a connected device like the Apple TV or cable box may be turning on. I would like to check if you record anything on the box when not home? If one of the devices turns on, all other devices may turn on. We can try changing CEC settings on both the TV, LifeStyle console and the AppleTV/cable box as they'll all have their own independent settings. To change the settings on the LifeStyle system: 

1. Power on your system.
  2. On the remote, press the SETUP to view the system menu.
  3. Select CEC Settings.
  4. Scroll up or down to select an HDMI-CEC setting, then press the OK button:
    1. Default On: Enables CEC.
    2. Alternate On: Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with certain devices.
    3. Off: Disables CEC.
  5. Press EXIT to exit the menu. 

In regards to the second issue, please can you confirm if you have tried resetting the system using the details in the article?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rangie600

Hello Rangie600, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you have encountered some issues, but I am sure that we can get them resolved. 

For your first issue, with the system that is powering on by itself, sometimes a connected device like the Apple TV or cable box may be turning on. I would like to check if you record anything on the box when not home? If one of the devices turns on, all other devices may turn on. We can try changing CEC settings on both the TV, LifeStyle console and the AppleTV/cable box as they'll all have their own independent settings. To change the settings on the LifeStyle system: 

1. Power on your system.
  2. On the remote, press the SETUP to view the system menu.
  3. Select CEC Settings.
  4. Scroll up or down to select an HDMI-CEC setting, then press the OK button:
    1. Default On: Enables CEC.
    2. Alternate On: Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with certain devices.
    3. Off: Disables CEC.
  5. Press EXIT to exit the menu. 

In regards to the second issue, please can you confirm if you have tried resetting the system using the details in the article?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Rangie600
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Hello again Vicky!

Thanks for the tips, I know exactly the setting screen you are referring to. I will switch to alternate on.  As I walked into my home a few minutes ago, I was greeted by my system playing the audio from my cable box, so this is happening every day.  

I don't think there are recordings set up during these times frames (the shows I record happen at 7pm through 10pm during the week, so it's earlier than those recording times now and the system is on.  Also, the AppleTV was off when I got home, but my cable box from Comcast Xfinity is like a demon device and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off.   There are no physical buttons on the box for power or any other functions.  Even the remote supplied with the cable box doesn't work to turn it off when pressing "power", but Comcast tells me there is nothing wrong with the box...

Anyway, I will change the CEC setting now and let you know in the next few days if this works.

If there is anything else you can suggest to stop this, I am happy to try it!

Thanks for your time!

Randall

Rangie600
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Hello again Vicky,

Just wanted you to know that your advice worked.  It has been almost a week since I turned the setting on the CEC to alternate ON, and we haven't noticed one incident of the system turning on by itself since.  I am going to call this "problem solved", and thanks for your help!