Lifestyle 650 - Accoustimass 300 power issues

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Lifestyle 650 - Accoustimass 300 power issues

Hi

I updated the system software on my Lifestyle 650. Since then, the usual amber light on my (wired) Accoustimass 300 isn’t lit when system on standby (rear wireless speakers are). When turning on the system, the rear wireless speakers’ light turns white, the Accoustimass stays dark / unlit with no bass. Repeatedly pulling out the power cord on the Accoustimass and re-inserting it eventually causes the amber light to come on, followed quickly by white and bass, with system apparently working fine. Have tried new power cords and power outlet to no avail. If unit is turned off, the amber light remains lit for a few hours, and Accoustimass will work fine if system turned back on in that time (no power issues). Have also tried factory reset. Any ideas ?

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Lifestyle 650 - Accoustimass 300 power issues

Hi brandon im experincing the same issue with my current setup of am 300 on wireless mode with ls 650 , when i switch off my system and leave it for hours and switch on the base doesnt connect i need to completely unplug the mains which includes the console and then on the next power cycle the am 300 starts flashing amber then to white and bass comes. other wise the system switches on with out base i need to again do this to power on the base. i have the current software released on 2 oct 2018 installed on sytem and i am experiencing this issue since 17.x but it was stable on 14.x and had no such issues, the local service center replaced my console and base but still same issue exists , i have no wireless device around, but have a UPS and satellite box nearby, console is placed under LG TV  79 inch led tv. please let me know what to do, im tired of doing all experiments and even local service center in my place i.e india in bangalore city are exhausted with ideas and gave up hands.

7 REPLIES

Hi ASH268,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having.

Is your Lifestyle 650 connected to the internet?  I want to make sure the system is up to date.

As well, are you able to run your Bass Module wirelessly instead of the wired connection?  Is there any change in functionality?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi brandon im experincing the same issue with my current setup of am 300 on wireless mode with ls 650 , when i switch off my system and leave it for hours and switch on the base doesnt connect i need to completely unplug the mains which includes the console and then on the next power cycle the am 300 starts flashing amber then to white and bass comes. other wise the system switches on with out base i need to again do this to power on the base. i have the current software released on 2 oct 2018 installed on sytem and i am experiencing this issue since 17.x but it was stable on 14.x and had no such issues, the local service center replaced my console and base but still same issue exists , i have no wireless device around, but have a UPS and satellite box nearby, console is placed under LG TV  79 inch led tv. please let me know what to do, im tired of doing all experiments and even local service center in my place i.e india in bangalore city are exhausted with ideas and gave up hands.

Hi sujan m s

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be happy to help!

Can you try and re-flash the system with software one more time?  HERE are the steps.  I'm wondering if the bass module didn't get updated for some reason during the last update.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

Thanks for the support extended , as per your instruction I did flash the memory with new software downloaded from that link but in vain I could not succeed in getting the base module to connect . But I think I solved this issue , I thought of moving the base module which was under the console placed to another location in my hall and from then on I'm able to get the base connected instantly so I guess that spot was a dead spot , help me understand why works in other location but not when base module is placed beneath console deck.

Thanks in advance .

Hello sujan m s,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear its working. It would be hard to pinpoint exactly what the cause of interference was underneath the console. Interference can be caused by multiple factors including wireless signals or EMI. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel 

Silent Starter

Hi Brandon

Thanks for replying. My local Bose dealer has fixed the problem; everything on the system seems to be working fine now.

Hello ASH268,

Thank you for the reply. 

We're happy to hear everything is working now.

All you have to do now, is enjoy your system and have a good weekend!

Regards,

Joel