Lifestyle 650 - Acoustimass 300 base update issue

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Lifestyle 650 - Acoustimass 300 base update issue

Hi 

I updated my Liftstyle 650 without powering up the accoustimass 300 (the base was unpluged), now when I plug in the base, the status light is not lit. And the console can't connect to the base. I've tried unplug/replug the power cord, and I'm sure the power cord is fine. 

I read this post  and tried to follow the update instruction in this link, which it says to update the base, the base must be connected to the console wirelessly. 

So my questions are: 

1. How to fix the no status light / connection issue of the base?

2. How can I update the base module without connecting to the console?

Thank you,

Tony

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Lifestyle 650 - Acoustimass 300 base update issue

Hi Tony,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Let's see if we can re-associate the bass module with the console through the Unify menu under speaker management.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I tried to connect the base to the console through Unify with the wireless, wired and second base mode, none of them worked. 

Please advise.

Thank you,

Community Manager

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update!  That's certainly odd that there is no LED on the bass module once you connect it to power.  have you been able to move the bass module to a different room or outlet to see if the LED reappears?  

If the LED is still not appearing, then this would indicate an issue with the bass module and I'd recommend reaching out to your local support team for service.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

OK, I'll try. 

Could this caused by the update? Like not powering up the base while the console is updating? If so, will there be a solution for this?

Thanks

Community Manager

Hi Tony,

I don't believe this had anything to do with the update to be honest and sounds more coincidental.  When the bass module is first plugged into power, an LED should appear either to show it's connected or ready to pair a new module.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A