CVN65
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

Lifestyle 650 Blu Ray has sound but no video

I have just purchased a lifestyle 650 system.  I hooked up a blu ray player (Samsung UBD6500) to USB 3 and I can get sound but no video.  I tried several configurations including using an optical for audio with no luck.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 650 Blu Ray has sound but no video

Hi CVN65, 

Can you see if there is an update available for your TV? Typically these are located on Samsung's site HERE. Can you try to change the CEC setting on the 650 console from "On" to "Alternate On"? Here are the steps to do this:

1. Turn on the system and press the SETUP button at the bottom of the remote. The Unify menu will appear on the TV screen. If it doesn't, select the TV input the Bose system is connected to.
  2. Select the "CEC Settings" menu option
  3. Press the up or down arrows to highlight a different HDMI CEC setting:
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press OK to enable the highlighted HDMI CEC setting
  5. Press EXIT to exit the menu

This is a global setting and will apply to all inputs. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
CVN65
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 Blu Ray has sound but no video

I tried the steps with alternate on and Cec off neither one worked.  The only connection that provides video and audio is my digital cable box.  All other inputs give sound but no video.  I have tried factory resets, taking everything off and reinstalling,  we have spent time with day shift tech support and none of the solutions have been successful.  All devices work directly connected to the tv.  After all solutions failed we were sent a new console which did not solve the problem.