Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2018

Lifestyle 650 Consle Power off issue

I recently purchased Lifestyle 650 system in July. I have all the speakers and sub woofer connected via wired connection.

I have the latest software update as well.

My issue is when the volume is over 35, the sound in a few seconds becomes muffled and then turns off and console light turns to red. I tried different settings with console, did factory reset  and called customer support many times to help with the issue, but there is no help so far.

Did any one else is having the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 Consle Power off issue

I wonder if the console is getting over-heated.  Do you have it placed where it gets good ventilation?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2018

Yes the console is placed in good ventilation, it sits on top of the table. I dont see any overheating with the Console. It looks the Console firmware issue (software bug i think). I am very unhappy with Lifestyle 650. It's a shame I cannot use the system with volume over 35. The volume is barely audible at 35 and system turns off over 35. It looks other people on the forum are having the same issue. Hope people from Bose support look at this issue more seriously and provide a solution.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I would return it.  How long have you had it?  I think you have 30 days to return it for full refund.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello bramha,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening.

The Lifestyle 650 shouldn't be having this issue. What kind of power source are you plugged into? Is it directly into a wall outlet or a surge protector with other devices?

If it is plugged into a surge protector, can you try bypassing it to see if it continues?

As jimgfitz mentioned, if it's still happening, definitely contact support for an exchange. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2018

I have connected directly to main outlet to make sure it's not turning off due to power surge protection. The same issue is occuring again. I have given up on this. I already exchanged the product once due to other issue. I will contact support to resolve this issue. It's sad that Bose is selling this products with lot of hardware and software issues. I was a bose fanatic for 15 years and was amazed by their products build quality. Now I dont have the trust of quality of bose products. They are overpriced with poor build quality and very bad customer service support.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

I am having the same problem. Can you help me with this ? I have spent so much money on this system

@bramha wrote:

I recently purchased Lifestyle 650 system in July. I have all the speakers and sub woofer connected via wired connection.

I have the latest software update as well.

My issue is when the volume is over 35, the sound in a few seconds becomes muffled and then turns off and console light turns to red. I tried different settings with console, did factory reset  and called customer support many times to help with the issue, but there is no help so far.

Did any one else is having the same issue?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi rfancey,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps in this thread, my recommendation would be to contact your local support center to arrange for service for your Lifestyle system.  Select the link, choose your country, then scroll to the bottom to "Contact Us".

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

We solved the volume shutdown problem.  Taking the time to post it here since none of the suggested Customer Support solutions resolved it nor did any of the advice from support posted in this community.   

This is a power arcing problem.  Isolate the issue by unplugging each of the three speaker inputs (front speakers, center, back speakers if wired) one at a time and then powering on the console and testing the volume each time.   I was able to isolate the issue to rear speakers in my installation.  Then you can check connections at the console connection adapter and if necessary at the speakers.  The console connection adapter has very small holes for the wires and this is where we found stray wires that must have gotten loose since they cannot all fit in the hole.  Our wiring was pre-existing from our old V30 that was being replaced.  When the positive and negative come in contact and the current increases as the volume goes up, the Bose console powers down as a safety measure.  Reseat the wires and enjoy your Bose system.

Not sure why customer service does not suggest trouble-shooting the wiring.   Replacing the console from your Bose store will not resolve a wiring issue.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

We had the same issue.  See my post in this thread.   Check your wiring.  You may have a positive and negative wire touching which causes the system to power down when the volume is increased.