JCK
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Lifestyle 650 - Extend Mic capability

Is there a way to get an external mic attached to Bose Lifestyle 650. I am ok to use a mixer. However, looking for options without one. I am intending to play video from Youtube and have a mic connected like a Kareoke play. Is this possible without mixer? And if not, is it possible with a mixer and how can I achieve this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lifestyle 650 - Extend Mic capability

Author Accepted Answer selected by JCK

Hi JCK,

Thanks for your reply. The analog inputs are pictured below:

Yes, you should use only one set of RCA stereo audio cables (right/red and left/white)The Unify setup process will actually tell you where to make the connection, but if nothing is connected to number 1 (Right and Left), you should make the connection there. I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

8 REPLIES 8

Hello JCK,

Thank you for posting. This console was not designed or engineered for this type of use. A conventional receiver there would be no issues with this type of application. What I can suggest that would work great for this type of scenario is our L1 compact.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

JCK
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

It was working fine in V35. So, wanted to check if you have any options available in 650 as well. I obviously dont want to invest another 1000 for this purpose. It does not make any sense.. 

Hi JCK, 

Thank you for responding. Can you elaborate a little further on a few of the details? What is the make and model of the microphone that you have? Also, what is the source device that will play the YouTube videos? Do you intend to use an app on your TV, a smart phone, a computer, or possibly a different device? How did you have this connected to your V35? Please let us know so we can assist further! 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

JCK
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Hi 

I have a yamaha mixer, that can take input from an external source in 1 channel, and have the mic input in another channel. I had this mixer output connected to the V35 back side inputs. I dont have the system now, as I upgraded to 650. And It was playing well. So, I wanted to know if this works in 650 as well. I think it is the Red and yellow audio inputs. 

Hi JCK,

Thanks for your posts. Although the Lifestyle 650 system was not specifically engineered for this purpose, it may be possible to get this working. However, it is important to understand that the system isn't going to be able to simultaneously play more than one if it's own audio inputs. For this reason, you will likely need a mixer. 

I'd recommend going into the system's Unify menu by using the SETUP button on the remote control. Once you have the menu on your TV screen, you will need to add a new device. For audio, be sure to select an analog audio input. 

You will connect your mixer's audio output to one of the system's analog inputs. You will then need to connect both your microphone and your YouTube source device to different channels on your mixer. Depending on what device you are using for YouTube, you should be able to run a video cable separately to your TV, so that you can see the video on your display. 

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

JCK
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Thanks Brian

I will try this. I believe since you said one of the analog inputs, means, one set of left and right. I see 2 sets of left and right. Please let me know if this is correct. 

Author Accepted Answer selected by JCK

Hi JCK,

Thanks for your reply. The analog inputs are pictured below:

Yes, you should use only one set of RCA stereo audio cables (right/red and left/white)The Unify setup process will actually tell you where to make the connection, but if nothing is connected to number 1 (Right and Left), you should make the connection there. I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

JCK
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Yes This helps.. Thanks much..