Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Constantly Drop out on Samsung NU8000 82"TV

Quiet Contributor

Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Constantly Drop out on Samsung NU8000 82"TV

Hi there, 

I have seen a lot of similar problem out there in the topics but I still don't seems to get a clear answer of this issue, and how should I fix this annoying problem. 

I recently purchase Bose Lifestyle 650 and excitely married her with my beloved Samsung NU8000 82" UHD TV , but the relationship didn't last well, the HDMI (ARC) connection keep dropping out after the latest update, forcing the Bose system constantly rebooting which i have to restart the setup process again and again. I have browse through one of the thread and follow one of the moderator (Brandon) to reset the system, and it only last me till the ADAPIQ setup page, and got me dissapointed again , by dropping out constantly from the HDMI. I wish I could listen to her beautiful sound, but after few days of trying, I have no luck but to pray to the Bose community god.

Is there any clear solution here? What went wrong? I don't feel like giving up either of them. Anyone has any clear solution to this Bose lifestyle 650 and Samsung love hate relationship? 

Thank you all.

Best Regards,

Kev

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Constantly Drop out on Samsung NU8000 82"TV

Hi Kev,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the ARC issues, but would be happy to help!  

To confirm, the cable from the Bose console to the TV, is this the Bose HDMI cable?  If so, can we try a new high speed HDMI cable?

Could you let us know what devices are connected to the console and in which ports?

We've seen some success with this particular sequence which helps to clear a lot of CEC communication errors which may help with this issue:

• Disable CEC on the console by turning it off in the system menu
  • Now, power down the TV and console and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the console
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the console by navigating back to the system menu
  • After turning CEC back on, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and select the TV input
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the system, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

I have a similar issue. I have a SUHD 65" Curved Samsung tv with the one connect box. My cable box is xfinity. While watching tv, after a short period of time, the tv will start to flicker and go to a black screen. Sound still comes out. I called customer service. I had the HDMI going from ARC on the bose to ARC on the one connect box. Was told this was wrong and then he had me change from ARC to the HDMI 1 slot on the one connect box. Was even sent a new USB cord from Bose to use. Still getting the same problem. Have to keep turning the Bose off and on for the picture to come back on. Very aggravating to have an expensive system like this and have these issues. I purchased the system in early December. I don't have the box or else I would return it. I even traded in my old lifestyle 25 series for the new system so theres no chance I would even get that back if I were able to return it. Please help. I dont know what else to do. Please tell me exactly how I need to have the xfinity box, the bose lifestyle 650 unit and the samsung one connect box all connected and I will try again.

Hi twpsoccer17,

Firstly, I would recommend performing a reset of your console. To do this, unplug it from power and leave it for 1 minute before plugging it back in. Next, I would try switching the one connect box to the HDMI 2 slot, and the Xfinity box to the HDMI 3 slot.

Try this for me and let me know if the issue is resolved!

Warm Regards,

Sam F

Quiet Contributor

Not sure im understanding. So hdmi arc bose to hdmi 2 on the one connect? Or hdmi 2 bose to hdmi arc on one connnect box? Then xfinity to hdmi 3 on the bose?
Highlighted

Hi Twpsoccer17,

Just to clarify, the HDMI 'Out to TV' on the Bose console should be connected to the HDMI ARC port on your Samsung TV and the Xfinity box should be connected to any of the numbered HDMI ports on the Bose console. What we were suggesting was changing which HDMI port on the Bose console, the Xfinity cable box was connected to, to make sure it wasn't the particular HDMI port we were using previously. 

It would also be a good idea to try a different HDMI cable between the Bose console and the Xfinity box to make sure that is working correctly.

Let us know how you get on.

All the best, 

Keith_L - Community Support -