great black hero
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Problem after last update

Hello Everyone!

I had been using my Samsung 4K Qled Curved TV with my Lifestyle 650 without any issues until the latest Bose update. After the update, Bose stopped receiving the sound of the smart tv through the hdmi(arc) channel. I tried changing CEC setting, but it didn’t help. Finally I decided to use the optical outputs and it worked when I turned CEC off. 

The tv doesn’t even recognize the hdmi channel as a ‘sound receiving’ channel.

What can I do to use everything as they were in the previous setup?

Thanks a lot!

9 REPLIES 9
vinhnguyen69
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDMI(ARC) Problem after last update

I'm having the same issue. Just setup my Bose 650 and can't get it to use hdmi ARC, terrible! ARC works fine with my Samsung sound bar but not with the Bose.
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the ARC troubles but would be happy to help!

I definitely recommend checking out this video as it outlines how ARC works and how to troubleshoot it when you run into this odd issues.  Just click HERE

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Jb14
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Hi can someone help. Just bought Bose Lifestyle 650 was working ok then did update no Arc on Samsung 55 ksf7500. Worked ok on Samsung sound bar.

i out all devices through Tv and connected Hdmi4 (ARC) to Bose Lifestyle Hdmi (ARC). I watched the video turned off Cec on both the Bose and Samsung turned off power waited 1 minutes then turned back on all worked ok. 

Got up this morning turned it back on no ARC. So frustrating, don’t want to use optical because I want TrueHd audio. Paid over £3000 and want Audio on ARC.

I only have have a few weeks left on trial to take it back so if I can’t find a fix I’ll take it back. It’s a shame cos it sounds great.

Helpp  

vinhnguyen69
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

I had the same issue and was able to get things workign smoothly with my Samsun HDMI ARC after trying out a few combinations. Below is the best setup that I found to be working most stable and consistent.

1. Connect the HDMI cable to Samsung ARC and Bose ARC

2. Connect the Optical cable to Samsung optical out and Bose optical in

3. Configure the Samsung TV to use optical

4. Configure the Bose to use optical

With the HDMI ARC and optical connected, your audio will transmit through the optical cable, but the HDMI ARC will be able to control the volume on optical. 

Sad Stephen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

@vinhnguyen69 wrote:

I had the same issue and was able to get things workign smoothly with my Samsun HDMI ARC after trying out a few combinations. Below is the best setup that I found to be working most stable and consistent.

1. Connect the HDMI cable to Samsung ARC and Bose ARC

2. Connect the Optical cable to Samsung optical out and Bose optical in

3. Configure the Samsung TV to use optical

4. Configure the Bose to use optical

With the HDMI ARC and optical connected, your audio will transmit through the optical cable, but the HDMI ARC will be able to control the volume on optical. 

That's actually so funny! Would you know what ARC stands for? LOL

Anyways I heard that Bose is aware about the issue...hope the fix is coming...I hope

Jb14
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Hi 

Thats great I’ll try that till they fix the issue. I had an update the other day but can’t find out what it fixed. Apple normally have a firmware page explaining what fixes were done. Is there a page telling us what was fixed?.

cheers Jason

Sad Stephen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Have they actually fixed anything???

I do not see anything improved...I think they could just turned on the loging to collect soke more info??? Otherwise the soft is as "good" as it was before. Oh this is so bad!

:((

@Jb14 wrote:

Hi 

Thats great I’ll try that till they fix the issue. I had an update the other day but can’t find out what it fixed. Apple normally have a firmware page explaining what fixes were done. Is there a page telling us what was fixed?.

cheers Jason

Highlighted

Hello jb14,

We deployed an update for SoundTouch on 2/21 that changed only the legal disclosure and did not include any functional changes to the software. You can find the update details here

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Sad Stephen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

@Greg_B wrote:

Hello jb14,

We deployed an update for SoundTouch on 2/21 that changed only the legal disclosure and did not include any functional changes to the software. You can find the update details here

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

New update out today????

Any issues adressed this time, M8?