DavidSJ
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Lifestyle 650 HDMI CEC issue since last update

Hi,

Since the update yesterday, I am having a couple of issues.

Before the update, I was able to listen to my music (through SoundTouch) without the TV being switched on. SInce the update, I cannot turn the TV off. I would like to use my music without the TV having to be on like before. I have checked the CEC settings and the new setting of Power Macro and they are both set to off or none respectively. So, I cannot figure out why the TV is switching on when I switch on my music. I have all CEC settings switched off on all my equipment, because I use Harmony to turn TV/Music on and off, whilst waiting for the Alexa skill from Bose. 

My other issue is on my SoundTouch 30. Again, since the update, when using Bluetooth as a source, I get a square block in the display where the Bluetooth symbol used to be. If I use Spotify that symbol appears correctly and all other aspects of the display work correctly. It is just the Bluetooth symbol that is messed up. 

Please could you help me resolve these issues?

Thank you 

David

7 REPLIES 7
DavidSJ
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDMI CEC issue since last update

I have managed to sort the CEC issue with the TV turning on automatically. I did a factory reset on the LifeStyle system. After this it had another update, which seems to have rolled back the update from yesterday. Im back to version 15; whereas, yesterday, after the update, it said version 16. Anyway, it is back to how I want it now.

The problem with the Bose SoundTouch 30 still exists though, with the Bluetooth symbol showing as a square splodge instead of the Bluetooth symbol. So, any assistance with this would be appreciated please. 

Kindest regards,

David

DavidSJ
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Hi,

Does anyone know why the new update means I cannot turn my TV off as described above?

Do I need to start a new thread for the issue of the bluetooth symbol on my SoundTouch 30 or will someone respond here?

Thank you for your help.

Take care

David

DavidSJ
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Can anyone help here with the above please?

DATA POWER ELECTRICAL PTY LTD
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Im having this same issue but with LS 600

The software I keep installing saids 15, not 16. what link did you guys use to download it from ?

when i check for updates it saids its got the latest version already.

any ideas ?

DavidSJ
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Hi,

My issue is that the new update (V.16) keeps switching my TV on when playing music, even though CEC settings and the new Power Macro setting are switched off. I rolled it back to V.15 by doing a factory reset and this stops the issue. I want some help with this, because eveything I have tried doesnt stop this from happeneing. Additionally, the new update means that my SoundTouch 30 has a square blob where the Bluetooth symbol should be when playing that particular source. Again, I want support regarding that.

@DATA POWER ELECTRICAL PTY LTD, the update rolled out in two stages. Stage one rolled out last week to 500,000 SoundTouch users. Stage two should have rolled out yesterday. So I am not sure why your system is not updating.

Did you check your SoundTouch app for the version numbers? The new update has some new Unify menu functions. Check to see if you have them such as the Power Macro option. When I updated my console, I used the Unify menu like I assume you have been doing. So there is no reason for your system not to update.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards

David

Edit: @DATA POWER ELECTRICAL PTY LTD I have just read that the second stage of the update rollout is on hold due to some technical issues. So you may not have been in the stage one rollout, which is why you cannot update your system yet to version 16. 

DATA POWER ELECTRICAL PTY LTD
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

Thank you. Any idea on eta?
DavidSJ
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

@DATA POWER ELECTRICAL PTY LTD I have no idea on the ETA for the update. I would expect something in the next four weeks. 

Brent or someone else could you please help me with my issues as described above this post. 

Thank you