hh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2017

Lifestyle 650 HDMI CEC issue

I have a problem with the CEC settings where the lifestyle switches back to TV from any other source. No matter what i do with TV and BOSE CEC settings (unless switched off) the BOSE lifestyle will not allow me to switch to another source and always switches back to TV. This is unacceptable as even a $300 system can manage this basic feature. 

I have only my TV and Orange SetTop Box connected. I have spent hours playing around with all the CEC settings. The systems internal apps work fine i.e Bluetooth, soundtouch, however as soon as i try to flick to the Orange Settop box it automatically switches back to TV.

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

2 REPLIES 2
hh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 10, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDMI CEC issue

Bump

Can someone from Boss comment?

Re: Lifestyle 650 HDMI CEC issue

Hello hh, 

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you have been through with the Lifestyle 650. I can definitely understand that the CEC issue you have described is causing frustration. 

I appreciate you letting us know what you have done so far for troubleshooting. Just to cover all the bases, I will list some basic troubleshooting steps, just to be sure nothing was missed:

• Change the HDMI-CEC setting of the control console: There may be CEC functionality conflict between one or more devices. Try changing the HDMI-CEC setting of the control console to "Alternative" or "Off" then determine if the issue goes away.
    • Turn on the system and press the SETUP button at the bottom of the remote. The Unify menu will appear on the TV screen. If it doesn't, select the TV input the Bose system is connected to.
    • Select the "CEC Settings" menu option
    • Press the up or down arrows to highlight a different HDMI CEC setting:
      • Default On Enables CEC
      • Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
      • Off: Disables CEC
    • Press OK to enable the highlighted HDMI CEC setting
    • Press EXIT to exit the menu
  • Perform a control console reset:
    • Keep the TV and control console on
    • On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
    • Release the buttons. The LED on the console flashes white
    • Once the LED turns solid amber, press Power on the control console. The LED flashes white again while the system turns on and reboots
    • Wait for the LED to turn solid white before retesting the system
    • Note: This reset does not erase settings. 
  • Try disconnecting and reconnecting all HDMI cables
  • Be sure CEC is properly enabled within your TV settings

If you are still experiencing issues after these steps, I'd recommend sitting tight for just a bit longer. We are currently in the midst of a staged software update, which will actually include known bug fixes for the Lifestyle 600/650 consoles. If you haven't been prompted for this update yet, you can expect it in the coming weeks. 

You can view more information on this staged software release HERE

I hope this helps! 

Best regards,

Brian