Ashishl9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Lifestyle 650 - No sound from Netflix on LG OLED TV

Hi, 

When I play Netflix from LG OLED TV, there is no sound on Lifestyle 650 speakers. I could play music from soundTouch app and ensured the speakers are connected and working. I have connected the TV out on Bose console to the ARC(HDMI 2) port on LG OLED TV (65EC970T). Simplelink is turned on and the sound output on TV is set to HDMI (Optical/ARC). I tried connecting optical cable too but no use. I`m out of options, what to do to make it work?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Squadie
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 - No sound from Netflix on LG OLED TV

Hi there
I'll presume you have switched the Bose console onto Tv source.
Then with your Tv remote, start Netflix and play any video.
With a video playing, on your Tv remote, head back into sound settings, make sure this is set to optical / ARC and cec is turned on underneath this setting.
The OLED Tvs have a habbit of switching back to internal speakers when listening to audio on a Tv app.
Hope this helps
Squadie
Highlighted
Ashishl9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the console has the source as TV and sound settings have been set to Optical/ARC but still no sound. 

Can I connect optical and ARC both at the same time?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Squadie
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

I take it you did check audio settings on the tv whilst on Netflix, like I said, the tv sometimes revert to internal speaker settings, when opening a tv app.
Has for playing audio through arc and optical, I'm afraid it's one or the other.
On the Bose remote, press setup, scroll down to Advanced Tv Audio Setup and press ok, then choose either Use HDMI ARC or Audio Cable- ( being for optical cable).
Hope this helps
Squadie
Edit :- If wanting to use arc, make sure Alternate is selected in the CEC menu of the Bose Unify.
Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I would use HDMI only.  Why use anything else?  Plug HDMI ARC from your LG to your Bose HDMI ARC.  

Highlighted
Ashishl9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Squadie, thanks for your reply, I tried both Default and Alternate but nothing seems to work. In the end I hooked up an optical cable and it`s working now. It`s very disappointing.

The weird thing is that when I connect Bose ARC to TV ARC port and press setup on bose remote, the setup menu doesn`t appear but if I connect to TV non ARC HDMI port then the setup menu appears. Why is it so?

thanks!

Highlighted
Ashishl9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

@Xyz987 this doesn`t seem to work at all, I don`t get any sound on speakers. 

thanks!

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

The only reason I can think of would be your LG is set on internal speakers, not HDMI/Optical.  I have a new LG 65 OLED C7P and Bose ST300.  I have a single HDMI cable from LG HDMI ARC to Bose HDMI ARC.  My Oppo DVD and U-Verse are both plugged into LG HDMI in.  I also have a device plugged into the Bose ST300 HDMI in (there is only one).  Everything works perfectly.  The single HDMI ARC connection allows information to travel in both directions between the LG and Bose.

I use the LG smart TV for watching Netflix and other internet streaming apps, etc.  That works perfectly also.  There is no reason your Bose 650 should not work the same way.

Highlighted
Ashishl9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

@Xyz987 - which is what puzzles me. I have ensured that the TV sound output is set to HDMI ARC. While a video is playing and if I switch the sound to "TV speakers" I have the sound coming from TV speakers but the moment I switch them back to Optical/ARC, sound is gone. I am wondering what is your DTV Audio setting set to? Auto?

thanks!

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't know what DTV Audio is.  Is that a setting on the Bose 650?  My LG is set to Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC).  Digital Sound [Auto], Simplink (HDMI-CEC) [On].