Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCK
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

Lifestyle 650 Software Update

I got an update today and installed it. How to know on what was changed and what was the update made by Bose on the Firmware. Is there any place where we could get the documentation for this? 

12 REPLIES 12
kaiserfernando
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 Software Update

Even my 525 lifestyle system had an update today ... does anyone know what it is?‎‎

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi JCK and kaiserfernando,

Thanks for the question.  The release notes are located HERE in the SoundTouch Community.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Scott L.
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

I installed a software update last night (2/21/2018). Does anyone have information as to what the update improved? I was keeping my fingers crossed for a "turntable" input label, but that didn't materialize.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Scott,

You can find the release notes HERE.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

faddawayne
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Hey Brandon, pushing 6 hours since i started the update, blinking orange light, TV just has a white screen with Bose logo and it seems to be resetting about every 5-10 minutes. My soundtouch app says updating null% please wait. Getting concerned.

Thanks,
Wayne
faddawayne
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

From 1:30pm Saturday Feb 24, logged 21 hours now, unit seems to be unable to come out of install mode.
faddawayne
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

10:30pm Sunday Feb 25th, 33 hours and counting, app has gone from saying null% to 85% to 100% back to null%, hopes were high for a while but I’m now pretty sure I own a brick!

Now to pull apart my home entertainment system so that I can at least watch TV with my family while I figure out what to do with my 650 system!!
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello faddawayne,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear this, there is a few steps I can suggest before contacting your local service group.

• Unplug your router from power 
  • Factory Reset the console, instructions can be found HERE
  • Plug router back in only during the console setup process when it asks to connect to a network

If the above does not resolve the issue, please contact your local service group. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of page, choose Contact Us and a phone number will be displayed.

Kind Regards,

Joel

faddawayne
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Thank you Joel,

After a few attempts I was able to complete a master reset and after an hour plus have the system operational again. Lost everything but at least my system is operational again!

Thanks,
Wayne