Leehipkins70
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 and Apple TV 4K HDR Compatability

So I get the 4.2.0 but if I try to get the 4.4.4 chroma, it **bleep**s itself.  If I plug direct to my lg oled  I get the HDR and 4.4.4.it definitely is a compatibility issue with the bose and not a cable issue, I’m shocked bose have not replied as yet.  This system cost me 8000 all up and I expect better service than this

Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi everyone,

I have a lifestyle 650 with a Panasonic 65ex780, an AppleTV 4K, a BBOX 4K (internet tv from French internet provider) and a Sony blueray player bdp-s790 that can upscale to 4K. I can tell you that none of my 4K sources are working trough the bose system... if I hook them directly to tv, it is working fine... I have tried to change cables, high speed cables, « 4k » cables... none of them are working if plugged to the Bose but ok when used directly on tv...

The lifestyle 650 is sold for a 4k60hz compatible... compatible with which device ??

I hope that bose will fix this quickly...

Regards,

Emmanuel.

ps: sorry for my poor English, but I’m French...

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K
cattyman407
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

So I managed to get the HDR working on Bose 650. I have a Samsung QLED TV and Bose 650. If I connect the TV with Apple TV directly, HDR works fine. But didn't work through Bose. After doing some research, I found out that for watching HDR content via an HDMI input it is important to set the 'HDMI UHD Color' on for each HDMI input that will receive the HDR content. This will allow the HDMI port to transmit the bandwidth necessary for HDR. If the 'HDMI UHD Color' is not turned on, some devices might not see the TV as being HDR compatible. At least that works for me.

Samsung Q9F Calibration Settings 41

Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi everyone,

I have a lifestyle 650 with a Panasonic 65ex780, an AppleTV 4K, a BBOX 4K (internet tv from French internet provider) and a Sony blueray player bdp-s790 that can upscale to 4K. I can tell you that none of my 4K sources are working trough the bose system... if I hook them directly to tv, it is working fine... I have tried to change cables, high speed cables, « 4k » cables... none of them are working if plugged to the Bose but ok when used directly on tv...

The lifestyle 650 is sold for a 4k60hz compatible... compatible with which device ??

I hope that bose will fix this quickly...

Regards,

Emmanuel.

ps: sorry for my poor English, but I’m French...

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K
Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi cattyman407,

where red do you setup the bud color ? On your tv or on the bose system ?

Regards,

Emmanuel

cattyman407
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

On TV.

JoelSavoie
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

Hi !

I have exactly the same problem. Impossible to connect my Apple TV 4K though the Bose LifeStyle 600. No picture ! 
It works good directly on TV (Sony) in 4K HDR, also through a DENON AV in 1080p SDR ... but nothing with the Bose amplifier. I have tried differents HDMI cables, even 4K and 3D cables ... Also changing setups on TV or changing Apple TV resolution does not solve. 

I can't use now my Apple TV !!! 

Several weeks now Apple TV 4K is avaible, and no reaction from Bose ??? 

(Sorry for my poor English, i'm from France too)

jnes
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Exact the same thing for mer and I also have an Samsung tv UE65KS7505. Now it´s working fine för me with 4K UHD thru Bose lifestyle 650!

😀

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Duduledur and JoelSavoie, 

I'm sorry to hear that this isn't working for you. There are a few things we should try to see if we can resolve this. Can you try a full HDMI reset to see if that helps? Here are the steps to do this:

1. Turn off the Bose system and the source device.
  2. Unplug the Bose system and the source device.
  3. Disconnect HDMI cable at both ends and reseat them ensuring a secure connection.
  4. Reconnect the source device and the Bose system to power.
  5. Turn on the source device.
  6. Turn on the Bose system.

If this doesn't work, can you try to adjust the CEC setting on the console to "Alternate On" or "Off" and re-test? Here are the steps to make this adjustment:

1. Turn on the system and press the SETUP button at the bottom of the remote. The Unify menu will appear on the TV screen. If it doesn't, select the TV input the Bose system is connected to.
  2. Select the "CEC Settings" menu option
  3. Press the up or down arrows to highlight a different HDMI CEC setting:
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press OK to enable the highlighted HDMI CEC setting
  5. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Please let us know if these don't resolve it. 

Thank you 

pcolton
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2017

I don't believe this is a configuration problem, but rather a bandwidth problem on the Bose equipment side. Bose can very simply confirm this by running their own tests with an Apple TV 4k at full 4:2:2 chroma at 60hz refresh rate.

I'm not sure having us all go through so many tests and configuration changes is in order until Bose confirms whether or not the Bose Lifestyle system even supports the latest Apple TV 4k at full resolution.