Re: Lifestyle 650 and Apple TV 4K HDR Compatability

I could not agree more

Abhi Y
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Hi Leehipkins70,

I understand that my question isn't going to be directly related to what is being discussed in the thread, but considering the kind of investment Lifestyle 650 is, I decided to hazard a try nonetheless. I have a LG OLED 65 inch C7, and planning to buy the Lifestyle 650 as a compact home theater solution to work with the TV. Considering that you have had such trouble getting it to work with your LG OLED for 4K content, would you still recommend buying LS 650? Also, overall from a quality of music perspective too, is it worth the investment?

I do sincerely hope Bose resolves the specific issue that you have highligheted, and also that you share your experience in some more detail here. 

Thanks,

AY

Leehipkins70
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

It’s only the 4K Apple TV that has had issues, otherwise I do recommend the system.  All other components work.  I think it’s a firmware or bandwidth issue.  But all other things work well.

i still recommend the system

Karsten
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

The sound is great. But 4K still not mature. Apple TV 4k makes problems; XBOX One S does not run over HDMI in 4k. Current picture expansions at the end device - here Panasonic UHD and ACER UHD Beamer.

Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi,

Finaly it works !!! 4K 60hz 4:2:2 !! In fact the problem was quite simple... I changed my cables... I took those cables from amazon https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00KR9HLL0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it works like a charm... no blip, no artefacts.

problem solved for me.

thanks for your help.

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K
Leehipkins70
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

Im getting the 4K but I am not getting the HDR are you getting the HDR with these cables.

Cheers

Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi Leehipkins70,

yes my tv is detecting the hdr signal.

regards,

Dudu.

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K
Leehipkins70
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

I note that I tried and still no result. To me it’s still an issue for Bose to correct as if i plug straight into the tv it works fine’. No response from Bose which is very disappointing
tstrand
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

I've tried new cables and I still can't get it work reliably.  It will work for a while and then it seems like changing an app or watching a movie will cause the screen to go black and then come back on.  The only way to resolve it, temporarily, is to go to the AppleTV settings and select "Check Cables".  It's a bit difficult because the screen is black for a while, then it displays for a few seconds.  I have to keep moving through the interface when the screen is displayed.

I'm surprised Bose hasn't posted a notice explaining that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

Ben_E

Hi all,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues. I'd just like to summarise the main troubleshooting steps that have been suggested so far - can you all confirm that you have tried all of these and HDR still isn't working?

- Full reset of all devices (including HDMI cables)

- Turning the soundbar's CEC settings within the Bose app to "alternative on" or "off"

- Trying the cables suggested by cattyman407 and Duduledur

- Setting "HDMI UHD Color" for each HDMI input (where possible)

I'd also be interested to know which TV (and model) you each have. So far two users commenting on this topic appear to have got HDR working using a Samsung TV.

Thanks and regards

Ben

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!