Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Lifestyle 650 and Sony BDP-S790, image popping

Hi,

I have a problem with my blu Ray player connected to the hdmi port of my lifestyle 650.

When I connect the BD player on the LS650, the image is continuously popping, but when I connect the BD player directly on the tv, the image is fine.

All my other devices are working fine...

I have tried different setting on the Sony bd player with no success... Does anyone has an idea ?

Thanks in advance

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K
6 REPLIES 6
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 650 and Sony BDP-S790, image popping

Hi Duduledur, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. The LS650 is such a great system! Let's see if we can try a few things to get this resolved. Curiously, what settings did you try to adjust on the Sony? If you haven't done so already, can you try to reduce the output resolution on the Sony? Reducing the output resolution will allow the control console to process the video faster and reduce video issues. Also, can you try to reset the console to see if it helps? Thes steps to do so are:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Power for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  3. Release the buttons. The LED on the console flashes white
  4. Once the LED turns solid amber, press Power on the control console. The LED flashes white again while the system turns on and reboots
  5. Wait for the LED to turn solid white before retesting the system

Note: This reset does not erase settings. 

If this doesn't work, can you try to connect the Blu-ray player to a different input on the console and see if that helps? Please let us know if you continue to have issues. 

Thank you! 

Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi Brent,

I have tried to change the hdmi port from 3 to to 5. I have tried to disable 4K output. I have tried in yYCbCr/RGB menu all the options (4:2:2, 4:4:4 and RGB). Nothing works. The only way I can have a stable image is to setup the bd player in 480p/576p... which is not the resolution you expect on a bd player who is able to upscale to 4K...

I have also tried the reset you proposed without success 😞

Do you have any other hints ?

thanks in advance.

Panasonic 65ex780 - Bose Lifestyle 650 - AppleTV 4K - Sony BDP-790 - Bbox Miami 4K
Squadie
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Just a thought, but have you got your hdmi cable inserted into the video output and not the audio output on your blueray player.
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Duduledur, 

Thank you for responding and letting us know what you've tried. I'm sorry that this is still happening. That's really interesting that it happens even if you connect with a component video cable. If this was only happening with HDMI, then it could something relating to the software, but if you get the exact same issue when the Sony is connected via component video cables, then this would indicate that something is not functioning properly on the LS650's console. Please give a call to your local service group located on the site HERE. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you 

Duduledur
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2017

Hi Brent,

I solved everything by changing my HDMI cables,

thanks for your help.

regards,

Dudu.

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Duduledur!

That is great to hear! An issue with a specific HDMI can certainly cause this issue.

Let us know if you have any additional questions! Thanks!

-Michael