lightseason
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Lifestyle 650 bluetooth issue

I’m having trouble with the new lifestyle 650 system, the Bluetooth doesn’t work well. When I just set up the system, my phone can connect to the 650 system, no trouble. Then several days later, my phone and other players cannot probe the signal from the system, so I called Bose, they told me I need to reset the system factory settings, I did so, reset it and the Bluetooth worked again. But the next day, the same problem happened again, all my Bluetooth devices cannot find the signal from the 650 system, I tried that clean the list, re-pair the devices, but all my other Bluetooth devices cannot find it. I really don’t know what exactly the problem is, I don’t think reset to factory setting is the permanent solution, can someone help? Thank you very much.   

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Lifestyle 650 bluetooth issue

Hello lightseason, 

Let's try clearing the system's list of Bluetooth devices by following these steps:

1. Turn system on to the Bluetooth source
  2. On the remote, press the More button
  3. Select "Clear List"

If you continue to have issues, please feel free to come back and let us know which devices you are using and we'll do further troubleshooting. 

lightseason
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Hi Ryan_M

Thanks for your solution, but I've already tried this and it didn't work. I'm using 3 different iPhoes to connect the system, all worked at first time but failed next day. The device name showed on my phones is not "Lifestyle 650" but a long name start with "Sound Touch".

We appreciate you trying multiple iPhones. We would also suggest updating the software through the SoundTouch app. If the Bluetooth connectivity issues continue, it would be best to speak with your local support HERE

mridle
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

Hi Lightseason,

Did you manage to resolve the problem with your iphonesnot being able to discover the console? I have been having the exact same problem since I got the system at the start of the year. 

I have done as Squaddie suggested yesterday and removed all paired devices from my iPhones/iPads in case they were paired to too many devices but that doesn't' seem to have resolved the issue. 

Many thanks

lightseason
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Yes, I just unplugged the power from the power outlet, then put it back, restarted the system, problem solved. Hope this could help.