Highlighted
Huan Nguyen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 8, 2018

Lifestyle 650 can't pair rear wireless speakers

Hi admin,

I tried repair rear wireless speakers on Lifestyle 650 system but not finish set up. I will show you picture below:

IMG_6968.jpgIMG_6969.jpgIMG_6970.jpgIMG_6973.jpgIMG_6974.jpg

I need to help this issue, please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Lifestyle 650 can't pair rear wireless speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by Huan Nguyen

Hi Huan Nguyen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with the Rear Speakers for your Lifestyle 650 but would love to help.

Can you confirm that the speakers have firstly been wired correctly to the wireless receivers and power? Please click HERE to view full wiring information.

When attempting to connect the rear speakers, what color is the LED status indicator on both left and right wireless receivers? These both need to be a solid amber color to indicate they are in Setup mode. Should they not be, disconnect both wireless receivers from power for 60 seconds, and then reconnect to power. It may be beneficial when doing this to also perform a reset also on the console for your system, by also disconnecting it from power for 60 seconds. When the LED status indicator is solid amber again, attempt the pairing process again within the Unify menu for your Lifestyle system.

The wireless receivers and Lifestyle console utilise a wireless frequency that many electronic devices in your home may also utilise, causing issues with the connection process. Should the issue remain, ensure that any nearby electronic devices such as internet routers, smart devices and mobile phones that may cause interference are relocated temporarily to attempt pairing again.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Huan Nguyen

Hi Huan Nguyen,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with the Rear Speakers for your Lifestyle 650 but would love to help.

Can you confirm that the speakers have firstly been wired correctly to the wireless receivers and power? Please click HERE to view full wiring information.

When attempting to connect the rear speakers, what color is the LED status indicator on both left and right wireless receivers? These both need to be a solid amber color to indicate they are in Setup mode. Should they not be, disconnect both wireless receivers from power for 60 seconds, and then reconnect to power. It may be beneficial when doing this to also perform a reset also on the console for your system, by also disconnecting it from power for 60 seconds. When the LED status indicator is solid amber again, attempt the pairing process again within the Unify menu for your Lifestyle system.

The wireless receivers and Lifestyle console utilise a wireless frequency that many electronic devices in your home may also utilise, causing issues with the connection process. Should the issue remain, ensure that any nearby electronic devices such as internet routers, smart devices and mobile phones that may cause interference are relocated temporarily to attempt pairing again.

Kind regards,

Slickerlane
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

I am having the same issue! The speakers are wired in correctly, I turn them on. One receiver has a solid white light, the other Amber? I have rest the receivers twice and no joy. I have turned off all wireless devices around the house and our wireless internet router. Still no joy. Gutted as I really wanted to set this up after only buying it today Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

@Andy_B wrote:

Hi Huan Nguyen,

Kind regards,

Hi Slickerlane

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble setting up the rear speakers for your Lifestyle system.

From how you are describing what is happening it sounds like one of your rear speakers is connecting, as it shows the solid white LED, whereas the other is not able to. One thing that is definitely worth checking is the switch on the receivers for Left and Right, as if both are set to the same channel then only one will connect correctly. 

If your speakers are still not both connecting after checking this it would also be a good idea to move the speakers and their receivers closer to the console, just while we get them connected initially. Once they have connected you should be able to move them back to their original location and they should reconnect automatically.

I hope this helps.

Keith_L - Community Support -