optikz
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Lifestyle 650 subwoofer dropping wifi signal

I have had the 650 system now for about 3 weeks, the sound quality is fantastic when the system works properly. Pretty much once a day I have to unplug the subwoofer, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and go through the speaker set process to get the subwoofer to work again. For a $5k this should not be happening. Anyone know why, is it a software problem? Can bose reply to this and let me know if they are aware of this issue....? 

Regards,

Jason

32 REPLIES 32
Hamoudi Naim
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

Re: Lifestyle 650 subwoofer dropping wifi signal

did you try using a wire to connect the subwoofer?

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi optikz,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Can you give us a little more information about the issue? When you turn on your system does it just have no bass? Does this happen at the same time everyday, or different times? When it loses the connection, what color is the LED on the sub? Is it white or orange? Have you tried to reboot the console to see if that helps? When it loses its connection, does just a reboot of the sub resolve it or do you need to go back in and re-add the sub each time?

Thank you 

optikz
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Hi Brent_B

Yes sometimes when I turn on the system there is not bass. There does not seem to be any consistancy as far as time of day, it's sperattic when it happens. When ever I have checked the light at the back of the subwoofer it has always been white. I will disconnect it, wait 10-30 seconds and reconnect it. It will then flash amber until it reconnects with the main unit and then will show white. There as been the odd time that this has been enough and solved the issue. Mostly of the time when it happens though I have to go through the entire process of re-adding all the speakers. If I re-boot the system, do I have to go through the adapt-IQ process again...? How do you reboot the system should be my first question? I have also recently had the system (entire system, not just the subwoofer) drop the signal when playing music through spotify on my computer. No device or computer that I have connected to the wifi in my place have issues with loading content or streaming content when this occurs with the lifestyle 650 so I am left to believe that it is the bose system that has the issue.

Regards,

Jason

Regards, 
Optikz

optikz
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

I have not tried that yet. I shouldnt' have to, it is a wireless system that should work. But dualy noted that I may have to go that route...

Hamoudi Naim
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

try to put the subwoofer on a different power outlet or use optical port.

I heard this solve the issue

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Let's start by setting the system back to its factory defaults. Here are the steps to accomplish this:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Setup for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  3. Release the buttons. The LED on the console flashes white
  4. Once the LED turns solid amber, press Power on the control console. The LED flashes white again while the system turns on and reboots
  5. Wait for the LED to turn solid white before retesting the system

Also, if you power the system down while leaving the tv on, it may prompt you to run an update. 

If this continues, it would also be helpful to look for sources of wireless interference in the vicinity of the console or bass module such as a router, game console, streaming device, etc., and see if we can relocate to diminish the possibility of interference. As mentioned earlier in the forum, a wired solution would also eliminate this possibility as well. 

If these troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, it would be best to speak with your local support team to work on a solution that gets you back up and running without the need to reset the system with such regularity. You can reach them HERE

optikz
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Thank you for your response, sorry for the late reply. I have tried the solutions that you have mentioned and the bass is still dropping signal. I don't have to go through the whole setup process now though. I can simply just unplug and replug the bass back in and it will still start working normally. The biggest frustration is that for the cost of this system and the amount of money that goes into R&D, this problem shouldn't happen...

Regards,

Jason

Nigelm1000
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Hi,

apparently this is a known problem. I rang the help desk yesterday and he informed me as such. They are sending me a label to package my sub back to them after which I will receive my new on. There will be a two week gap.....which is pretty shocking....having paid £3.5k I am shocked at the number of issues I have had and now two weeks without a system...

TheFifeFlyer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

@Ryan_M wrote:

Let's start by setting the system back to its factory defaults. Here are the steps to accomplish this:

1. Keep the TV and control console on
  2. On the control console, press and hold Source and Setup for five seconds. The TV and the console will turn off.
  3. Release the buttons. The LED on the console flashes white
  4. Once the LED turns solid amber, press Power on the control console. The LED flashes white again while the system turns on and reboots
  5. Wait for the LED to turn solid white before retesting the system

Also, if you power the system down while leaving the tv on, it may prompt you to run an update. 

If this continues, it would also be helpful to look for sources of wireless interference in the vicinity of the console or bass module such as a router, game console, streaming device, etc., and see if we can relocate to diminish the possibility of interference. As mentioned earlier in the forum, a wired solution would also eliminate this possibility as well. 

If these troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, it would be best to speak with your local support team to work on a solution that gets you back up and running without the need to reset the system with such regularity. You can reach them HERE

Can I jump in here to save starting a new thread.

I`ve went through the hard reset mentioned above but now I can`t get past the 1st stage of the new set up. My console doesn`t recognise the handset so can`t even get it past 'press OK' to continue.