sunster
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Lifestyle 650 updated model

Hi. I'm considering purchasing the LS650. But it's already been there for a while now. I'm afraid I buy it and then there's a new one in few months with better features and support for HDR formats etc. Any thoughts on the same?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Re: Lifestyle 650 updated model

Author Accepted Answer selected by sunster

Take a look at the post titled "Lifestyle 650 HDR Problems" and don't make a HUGE mistake buying the system.  Myself and numerous other people are having issues since Bose pushed a firmware update last October.  Despite 11 pages of comments on this forum and numerous empty promises from Bose the problem is not resolved and by the looks of it unlikely to be resolved.  The unit can no longer reliably pass video through the console and often turns on with no sound and a pink or green screen.  The only way to resolve it seems to be to reboot or switch items on in a specific order.  After spending £4000 clearly I'm not happy.

Save yourself a huge dissapointment and look for a system that actually works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by sunster

Take a look at the post titled "Lifestyle 650 HDR Problems" and don't make a HUGE mistake buying the system.  Myself and numerous other people are having issues since Bose pushed a firmware update last October.  Despite 11 pages of comments on this forum and numerous empty promises from Bose the problem is not resolved and by the looks of it unlikely to be resolved.  The unit can no longer reliably pass video through the console and often turns on with no sound and a pink or green screen.  The only way to resolve it seems to be to reboot or switch items on in a specific order.  After spending £4000 clearly I'm not happy.

View solution in original post

sunster
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Oh No. Thanks for the alert. This is really unacceptable from Bose. I have several of their products and they work well. But this happening to their flagship is unacceptable. 

@JB1970 wrote: