Spartacus
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Lifestyle V20 - Video not working - No signal detected

The video out to my TV from my Lifeystyle V20 has stopped working.

At first I was able to reboot the system and that would make it work, until I turned everything off. When I would go to turn everything on again, I would either have to play with the HDMI cable out, which would cause it to work, or reboot the system, and then it would come on. On the television it showed a black screen with a pink box in the top left corner. 

Now these interventions no longer are working and I am just getting a "No signal" message on my television.

I have tried different HDMI cables, with the same results. When I connect my Roku Ultra box directly to the TV by HDMI, it works fine.

Is this a problem with the HDMI? What can I do to fix this?

Also, does this forum not work with the Firefox browser? It is not letting me login with Firefox, so I am using Microsoft Edge, which I do not use for any other reason. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Lifestyle V20 - Video not working - No signal detected

What does this mean, "I would either have to play with the HDMI cable out"?  If you mean jiggle the cable or something such as that, I would say the HDMI jack on your Bose has failed.  You can contact Bose support for your area and arrange to send it in for repair.

Spartacus
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

It means that on a couple of occasions I was able to pull the HDMI cable leading to the TV out of the back of the media center and then reseat it, and it worked. Usually, that would not do it and I would have to reboot everything, and then it would work, at least for the current TV watching session.

I am certainly no expert, but what you are suggesting - that the HDMI jack on my Bose has failed - was my first guess also. 

So can I fix that myself? I have tools and if I can get instructions and it is not something that requires special equipment, then I think I can do it. If so, what is my next step?

Spartacus
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Or would it just be more cost efficient for me to buy a new AVR (media center) that works with the rest of the Lifestyle V20 system? If so, I guess it needs to be able to connect to the "Accoustimass module" using the existing connector. So, if that is the way that I need to go, what are the best options available to me going this route?

To be honest, I really do not want to make a big expenditure on any of this right now, especially if I do not have to.

geomarynus
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Hi did you manage to fix it or got any resolution?

Does your TV has a component video input or anything other than HDMI if yes try with that and see does the TV gets input from V20 if YES then the HDMI socket is failed for sure or the TV is not accepting HDMI signal from V20.

I too have the same problem but my new 4K Samsung QLED TV has only HDMI input so if really need to try any other input is not possible.

Now I can use the V20 as an audio device only.

But the main problem is I, am unable to connect to my TV with HDMI to change any system settings of V20 and another major problem is audio and speaker calibration using ADAPTiQ® audio calibration device. For the system menu to work it must be connected to the TV.

If it work maybe I can try an HDMI adapter to convert the component output of V20 to HDMI and connect to my TV to get the system menu for V20.