cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User-c08fc
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Lifestyle V30 needing Audio without Video HDMI issue.

I Have a Lifestyle V30 System, I would like to play CD's via my DVD Player & listen to Music on my Satellite Receiver without the TV being turned on.

The system is fine when the V30 & TV is on but when I turn off the TV & even though the V30 is still on and it can be seen the DVD player is still playing the CD, the Sound from the V30 stops as does any audio from the Satellite Receiver if that input is selected.

The V30 & TV are connected via HDMI and I switch the 'TV' on & Off with its own remote control. I do not have the V30 TV on/off sensor connected.

Help Needed!!!

Bose product name: Lifestyle V30

Firmware Version: Dont Know

App Version: None

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Samsung TV, SkyQ, Samsung DVD Player.

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: As Above.

Any troubleshooting steps you took: Read Manual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
User-c08fc
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Re: Lifestyle V30 needing Audio without Video HDMI issue.

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-c08fc

Hi All,

I had an Idea, to finally solve this issue.....

I found in a box of bits, a 1 into 2 HDMI Splitter i.e. V30 HDMI Output to Two Screens.

I purchased a 1080p HDMI Display Emulator (£3.50) and plugged it into Output One of the Splitter, my TV is now plugged into Output Two on the Splitter, with the Output of the V30 obviously into the Input of the Splitter.

Hey Presto..... All now works as I want it to be, full audio use of all inputs on the V30 without a screen on.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Hey there! 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'll be more than happy to help you with your query! Can you tell me how you have your DVD player connected? To the TV or the V30? If your DVD player is connected to the TV, the TV will need to remain on as the TV is processing the audio signal. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
User-c08fc
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hi There,

The DVD & Satellite Box are connected to the V30 via HDMI, not to the TV.

The HDMI Output from the V30 is connected to the TV for Vision Only, I am not looking to bring audio from the TV as all my programs come via the Satellite box & DVD.

And I'm not trying to use ARC as the V30 does not support it.

Many Thanks.

Phil. 

Jeff_G

Thanks, Phil. 

Have you set the Persistent Video setting on the V30? This may help: 

To set persistent video, follow these steps:

1. Be sure the TV is on, with the correct input selected
  2. Press the System button on the remote
  3. Press the right arrow on the remote to select the Video icon
  4. Press the down arrow on the remote to highlight "Persistent Video"
  5. Press the right arrow on the remote to view the setting choices
  6. Press the up or down arrow on the remote to select the appropriate setting:
    1. Disabled: Removes video from your TV screen when switching from the current video source to an audio source
    2. Enabled: Allows the video from your selected source (DVD, CBL-SAT, AUX, VCR or TV) to continue to play on your TV screen (without audio) after switching to an audio source
  7. Press the Exit button to save the setting and leave the menu

When set to Enabled:
The last selected external video source remains on the screen when the new audio source (such as AM, FM, CD, DVD or any external input that has been set as a music player) is selected from the list of device types.

When set to Disabled:
The video screen goes blank when the new audio source is selected.

Thanks

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@User-c08fc wrote:

Hi There,

The DVD & Satellite Box are connected to the V30 via HDMI, not to the TV.

The HDMI Output from the V30 is connected to the TV for Vision Only, I am not looking to bring audio from the TV as all my programs come via the Satellite box & DVD.

And I'm not trying to use ARC as the V30 does not support it.

Many Thanks.

Phil. 

I'm not sure if this'll help you or not, but I made a guide to let people know some of the best ways to connect their older systems to modern HDTVs.

I hope that this solves your issue. Let us know what you end up doing 🙂

User-c08fc
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hi Jef_G,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried as you have suggested 'again' (as I think I have gone through every Scenario), it did not resolve the issue.

Just as a pointer; as said the Audio Stops when the TV is turned Off, also if the HDMI to TV is unplugged from the HDMI Output of the V30 the Audio Stops, Which indicates the V30 HDMI Output is looking for a signal of some kind from the TV even though the V30 is not CEC compliant.

As said the V30 remains On with no Audio Output and DVD/CD still running, As an experiment I connected a TOS-Link Optical between the Optical Output of the DVD/CD player to the V30 AUX Optical input, when AUX is selected the Audio from the DVD/CD is played but again not if DVD is selected and the TV is Off.

I would say 'Great' but I use the AUX and VHS inputs for other audio.

This Issue is only with the Cab/Sat & DVD inputs on the V30.

Do you have any other ideas?

Many Thanks,

User-c08fc
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-c08fc

Hi All,

I had an Idea, to finally solve this issue.....

I found in a box of bits, a 1 into 2 HDMI Splitter i.e. V30 HDMI Output to Two Screens.

I purchased a 1080p HDMI Display Emulator (£3.50) and plugged it into Output One of the Splitter, my TV is now plugged into Output Two on the Splitter, with the Output of the V30 obviously into the Input of the Splitter.

Hey Presto..... All now works as I want it to be, full audio use of all inputs on the V30 without a screen on.

View solution in original post