Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Lifestyle V35 HDMI not working

Hello-

We inherited a Lifestyle V35 system from my wife's grandaparents who don't use it anymore. I have tried 3 different HDMI cables to connect to my Samsung tv and nothing works. I tried a different tv, and it would occasionally flicker on briefly, albeit fuzzy, then flicker away again. I am just trying to access the Bose screen for settings and what not...

is my only other option to connect to my tv via component? I'll lose all the HD this way, and i already have a component thing that I would rather not have to run through the Bose (would rather watch via the TV speakers the device connected thru the component to the tV right now)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Lifestyle V35 HDMI not working

Hi chimmike,

Thanks for the post.

The V35 does not have component outputs, only an HDMI output so you would not be able to connect it to the television that way.  

Are we able to change video settings on the TV to force 1080p instead of upscaling to 4k (assuming this is a 4k television)?

What is the model of Samsung TV that you have?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

It's a 10 year old Samsung plasma tv. Definitely not 4k or UHD.

The other TV we tried is probably 6-7 years old and only a 1080p tv.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thanks for the info.  It sounds like there might be something wrong with the HDMI board in the console.  My recommendation would be to contact your local support center by phone to arrange for service.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon