Johnml13
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2017

Lifestyle model 5 sound issues

I have a Bose Lifestyle Model 5 music center set up in my bedroom. I’m having issues with the correct sound coming out of the appropriate speakers. When I do the sound setup, the sounds come out of the wrong speakers. I haven’t done anything to the system so I know everything is hooked up correctly. I had this issue where only the center channel would play and I forgot the solution which was easy and worked. 

When i play the setup disk where it play the “ sound should be coming from the left front speaker” “ the sound should be coming from the right front speaker” going all the way around the room. When it plays the front left speaker, the sound also comes out of the front right speaker. When the sound should be coming from the center speaker, it’s dead. Nothing comes from the rear surround speakers. Now, only the front left and right speakers work, the center and rear surround speakers don’t work at all. Any ideas? I know the system is old, but it sounds great. If I have to I can buy a receiver on eBay but not sure if that’s the “brains” or the sub woofer has the prossessor.

i looked at a precious post that told me to press the three speaker button and adjust the center speaker volume which worked, but still no luck with the rear surround speakers.

Thoughts? Thanks-

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lifestyle model 5 sound issues

Hi Johnml13. 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been experiencing with the speakers. I understand that you mentioned you haven't changed the system at all, but the symptoms you've described certainly sound like some speakers may be connected in the wrong place. Just to be sure, I'd recommend disconnecting the system from power, and using the below guide as a reference to double check that all the speakers are connected properly. Check the speaker wire connections at the back of each speaker, as well as at the Acoustimass Bass Module. Then, disconnect and reconnect the audio input cable at the bass module, and at the connections on the CD5 Console. 

Let us know if anything changes!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Johnml13
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that ang all speakers are working however the surround speakers sound terrible (like a old A.M. radio speaker) I double checked the proper wiring even trying to reverse the wires. One thing I forgot to mention is the rear surround speakers are run through a wireless rocket fish setup, but the always worked great in the past. Again, I know my system is old but it,still sounds great.

Johnml13
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and all speakers are working however the surround speakers sound terrible (like a old A.M. radio speaker) I double checked the proper wiring even trying to reverse the wires. One thing I forgot to mention is the rear surround speakers are run through a wireless rocket fish setup, but the always worked great in the past. Again, I know my system is old but it,still sounds great.

Hi Johnml13, 

Thank you for responding. What is the model number of the Rocketfish device that you are using for the rear speakers? It sounds like it may be a wireless transmitter and receiver; am I correct? If you remove this from the setup, and connect your speakers directly to your Acoustimass module, does it restore audio quality to the rear speakers? If removing the Rocketfish helps restore audio quality, then it could be something with the device or with interference. I'd recommend reaching out to them from their site HERE

Kind Regards