Extream45
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Lifestyle v25 sound

How can I get sound from my Sony 4K or XBOX one to my sound system?  Bose has an issue with the vido output from the XBOX one so I have my XBOX HDMI strait to my TV.  Is there a way to have this set up stay the same while having the sound still go through my Bose system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Lifestyle v25 sound

Author Accepted Answer selected by Extream45

We can certainly help you. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to run the television's audio output to the Bose system. For most newer flatscreen TVs, this will be an optical connection. If you'd like more specific details, please provide the make/model number of your television. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Extream45

We can certainly help you. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to run the television's audio output to the Bose system. For most newer flatscreen TVs, this will be an optical connection. If you'd like more specific details, please provide the make/model number of your television. 

View solution in original post

ewenis
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Hi There, I now have Sky Q and I just bought a Ultra HD Cable to connect it up but I can't seem to connect the Sky q box through the Lifestyle System and watch Ultra HD I have to connect it dorect but then I can use my Bose any Ideas ?

Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi ewenis,

The Lifestyle V25 system would not support a device outputting 4/8K (Ultra HD). In order to allow the Bose system to work with the new Sky Q box, you would want to connect the Sky Q box directly to the TV, then run an audio cable from the TV into the Lifestyle V25. This will allow you to view the video from the Sky Q box on the TV, and have the audio play through the V25.

Let us know if the above helps at all! Thanks!

-Michael