Highlighted
captgadget
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Lousy customer service

Well, after nearly 3 weeks without my console I finally received it. Hooked everything up and the same exact problem. So I call Bose. The tech read through the notes and told me they couldn't duplicate the problem so they just returned it with a new power supply and remote. This was last week.

So yesterday I removed the cable box from HDMI 1 and added the Apple TV. Apple TV worked perfect. Turned it off and on at least 6 times and it worked every time. So then I added the cable box to HDMI 2. Turned it on and it's a discolored picture with no sound. Removed it from HDMI 2 using Unify the same thing. Repeated the process through HDMI 5 same results everytime. So today they ask me to send in the console and they'd expidite the process and would have it back in two weeks. I said no, what assurances would have that it wouldn't come back the same as the last time. So she talks to someone again and they want me to send in my old unit and they would send my a new one. I said I don't have boxes for that. The last time they did that they sent me the new unit and I returned the old in the boxes they sent out. I told them this the last Bose anything I'd buy and they could stick where the sun don't shine. I can make this work with my TV and my Harmony remote but what a joke. $3000 piece of S***t.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Lousy customer service

Hi Captgadget,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We want to work with you to find a resolution to your issue. We will DM you to assist.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

psychodad
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Hi captgadget,

I made the same experience on my LS650. HDMI1 works with any device, HMDI 2-5 are having trouble with nearly all devices, like no sound/pink screen.

You can read about my findings here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Lifestyle-650-Bug-No-sound-from-UHD-Player/m-p/179551/hig...

There are reports from many people in the forum describing the same sort of problems (no sound, picture errors), e.g.:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Lifestyle-650-HDR-Problems/m-p/163703#M12506

It smells like a nasty bug in the firmware. So far NO solution from Bose. It's really a shame.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jack_General,

Thank you for posting.

We've replied to you HERE

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support